3rd annual Open Shoot at ProTEG in Brazil, IN All Are Welcome (INGO folks)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I know this is sort of another thread and that the majority of the posting was done weeks ago on the other one. Eberyone is welcome though I know not everyone is nearby and also those further way may not be able or willing to make the trip. I just want to be sure everyone knows they are welcome. Even those I may have had promblems with in the past. :) I forgive and forget so come on by and have a blast.

Reminder, any firearm legally owned can be fired at PROteq. Though 50 cal and up need to be used on a different range with a more reinforced berm. Select Fire/Dull Auto, belt fed, suppressor and shortened barrels etc. Also this year only exploding targets though these will be diecussed in more detail at the shoot. Basically no huge buckets full and no blowing things up other than the targets. This is a first for Don so let's try not to make it the last due to stupid.

No fee but you will sign a waiver which will be easily found BEFORE any shooting. Even if you aren't shooting, you must sign the waiver. Anyone you bring that is below the age of responsibility will be YOUR responsibility. ALL SAFE FIREARM HANDLING RULLE WILL BE ENFORCED! ANY sort of shenanigans will result in ejection from the property.

Well, that is about it, question ask here or there before assuming, OK? If I am coming off a bit gruff, sorry. I have a toothache and last Monday my car was totaled and spent the last time between then and now crawling in anf out of cars and going all over town trying to find a new replacement. You can see what I got when you get there. If you don't know this yet, the reason all of this stuff matters is my back which is always painful, all this stuff simply makes it worse so tomorrow, I rest up so I can be as good as I can for Sunday.

BRING A CHAIR IF YOU WANT TO SIT! PLease stay out of my R2D2 chair. :) Also if you want to bring grillables, bring a grill too. :):

Any other questions ask... I will check this thread tomorrow all day and again Sunday AM prior to leaving for the site. I am SOOOO looking forward to this...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I picked up another couple hundred rounds of ammo today. It's gonna be fun.

Me too.

And I found out the hard way with my first visit to Cabelas today that they are very VERY proud of their Clay targets... I skipped their overpriced ammo, and then found out a couple hours later when I went to get my ammo that Walmart sells it for significantly less... ($14/48 vs $10/90) Yes, this is my first purchase of clays... lesson learned. I never even noticed clays at walmart before.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Wantd to mention, I don;t have a camera of any kind this year, even my ell. Cell was in the crash last monday too and is awaiting repair.

Hope someon brings a camera to document the event, otherwise I am told it didn't happen. :laugh:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Wantd to mention, I don;t have a camera of any kind this year, even my ell. Cell was in the crash last monday too and is awaiting repair.

Hope someon brings a camera to document the event, otherwise I am told it didn't happen. :laugh:

I'll bring mine.

I'm no UziButton, but I'll do my best.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    will probly go thru the safe & see what needs a new home ... potential list :
    sig brace w buffer,tube & spring
    various bulk pkg of 22lr
    frankenstein heavy bbl ar15
    see what elase i have .........

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    did you get your car warthog ? i would come pick u up ....
    Yes I did. Picked it up Thursday, thanks for the thought though. :yesway::yesway:

I get to show it off at the shoot! :runaway:

Weather reports show Sunday as a nice, cool, sunny and pleasant day so far. Sure can't too much more of a to much of a dreary, rainy , COLD day like last year I hope. Anyway we all seem not to melt and this year the firing line should be covered. I am still pretty stoked. I may show up crippled in pain like last year but I will still be there and doing what I can to help folks have fun. Just remember, please stay out of my R2D2 chair. :)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    If UZIButtom can't make it, then he can't. He's a pretty nice guy and takes pretty great pix and vids but we will be fine without him. I wanted to talk to him about night vision and those sorts of accessories but it can wait or I will figure it all out myself before too much longer. I hope one day to try and put on a Night Shoot so that people can get practice using thiers like I need with mine but one thing at a time, When this shoot is finished I wil start working on the Night Shoot. This is the main though for the year and I am so glad that Don allows me to organize this at his place.
    THANK YOU DON!

I have some .32 ACP brass for someone and will bring it to the meet. Not a lot and no doubt it is too little too late but I will bring it. :)

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    i guess maybe i should pry open the safe & knock the dust off my red rider ... hope i got some ammo or i just be sayin bang bang like that european army .....:-) lol

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am loaded and ready to go tomorrow. All I need do is put the actual weapons in my vehicle and go. Won't lie, my back is really hurting but so far not as bad as last year. It is nice out today and tomorrow is supposed to be nicer and sunnier so that is good news. I don't have a bunch of 9mm ammo for the HK94 but I have some. I guess if you want to shoot it a lot, maybe bring some 9's? I have my Lula for it and the G3 so if you do bring ammo for either, it will be easy to get it into the magazines. I havr a few hundred rounds already loaded into G3 magazines so we will need to empty them before we can reload them. :)

I will be getting a case of water to keep in the car before I ;reave to Brazil, I am not fond of icy cold so I won't have a cooler but anyone is welcome to the wter. There really isn't a lot of nearby food and drink so bring your coolers, drinks (NO ALCOHOL), sandwiches, grills and grillables etc. I will have mine as eating is important, diabetes, so also if you see me shooting up, it's insulin. :stickpoke: otherwise we might need one of these waaa2 for me and I hate those things.

See you all tomorrow, I don't have many exploding targets but those are going off tomorrow too.

Jagdhund

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'll be there tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting some more fellow INGO'ers.

Also bringing my shooting buddy who isn't a INGO member, hopefully that is ok.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've whittled down my list of guns to just 4 rifles. The Hakim, the FN49, 49/56 and my scoped Swede M38 (need to sight in the scope). 3 50 cal. cans of ammo too, and I'm bringing my steel gong. Didn't get an answer if it was okay or not, so if it's not, it will just stay in the car, but it if it then it will be a little extra fun (please no 50 BMG or armor piercing rounds though!). Also bringing my camera and tripod so maybe I can get some video as well as still pics. :)

bobby bobolink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Paradise Bay
    Well, apparently the planets are all in alignment so it looks like i am good to go for tomorrows shoot. I will probably bring my Rhino ( may have to search CIB for any dis-assembly tools :draw:I'll bring a few others as well.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm hoping to be there by 10 or a bit earlier to help with any setup.

I doubt I'll stick around through to dusk, but we'll see.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Good deal, I was trying to get to 9 am service and make it out there by 11ish but if I had to guess it'll be about 1 the way things are going...

Top Bottom