• ...and so much more!
  • Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    1911 Guys --

I'm turning the big 60 in February and have the okay from the boss to purchase a nice pistol. I really want a commander sized 1911 and need to keep it under $2,000.

What do you recommend? I really like the Kimbers (Super Carry Pro), but know there are lots of good guns out there.

Thanks, in advance, Greg/Grizhicks

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A real nice Les Baer in the Classifieds right now. May not be what you think you want until you hold it, fire it and snuggle with it.
    I would actually suggest a Springfield offering (imagine that) but the LB is just like one a friend has and it is just a sweet running 1911.

Welcome to my addiction

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    For that price range in a commander I really like Dan Wesson V bob, or maybe a custom shop Springer. I have a Guardian in 9mm and love it. You will find that most people will consider a Kimber to be overpriced, especially the 2nd gen. To many MIM parts and the firing pin safety design is..... Well, bad.

Last edited:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'd pick up an STI Lawman for about $1500:

Lawman4_Main1.jpg

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I have had Kimbers in the past and liked 'em. However, a friend just shelled out $1000 on a new Kimber which shipped with manufacturing defects. So far customer service has been useless and discourteous, so I cannot say I would recommend them today.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    The S&W E Series felt great to me. The bobbed grip and LW frame made it easy to carry and the fit and finish were supurb.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    1911 Guys --

I'm turning the big 60 in February and have the okay from the boss to purchase a nice pistol. I really want a commander sized 1911 and need to keep it under $2,000.

What do you recommend? I really like the Kimbers (Super Carry Pro), but know there are lots of good guns out there.

Thanks, in advance, Greg/Grizhicks

Gun Review: Smith & Wesson E-Series SW1911Sc

2.jpg

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    THANKS to all; I'm in no big hurry, going to really look around and play with as many as possible. And, sure, will post pics of whatever I get. -- Grizhicks

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    THANKS to all; I'm in no big hurry, going to really look around and play with as many as possible. And, sure, will post pics of whatever I get. -- Grizhicks

I hate to send business to Elmores Guns in greenwood because of their poor customer service but they seem to have the biggest selection of higher end 1911's. But Plainfield Shooting Supplies and Bradis also have a great selection and superior customer service. Go coonfinger as many as you can.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    My brother bought a Colt CCO. It is a nice gun, but I would rather have the Dan Wesson CCO. I have 2 Colts, a newer one XSE and an old LWC. If I had to do it all over again I would get a Dan Wesson.

Top Bottom