• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Because then you wouldn't have two guns?

More guns > less guns.

:ugh: Right, gotcha! :n00b:

I have been doing it wrong lately. In the past 2 months or so I have sold or traded away 8 guns and only ended up with 2 new ones. Sometimes less is more.

Nimrodknaack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Rent a 9mm or borrow one and do your own compare. The best one will be the one you can find ammo for :)

Of course I follow the motto....buy but don't sell...keep the 40 and get a 9mm best of both worlds.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Rent a 9mm or borrow one and do your own compare. The best one will be the one you can find ammo for :)

Of course I follow the motto....buy but don't sell...keep the 40 and get a 9mm best of both worlds.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Even that won't tell you much. If a person is specifically comparing a cartridge then both would have to be in the same or similar gun. For example it would not be fair to compare full size all metal Sig P226 in .40 to a 9mm Kel-Tec PF9. I assure you the PF9 would have more felt recoil.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I have the Storm Lake. BIL has an OEM S&W on the way for his. I plan to try them side by side next week to see if one shoots better than the other. You use the 9mm mags for shooting 9mm. It's my understanding that if you use the 40 mags the last round doesn't feed. Never tried it as I had no reason to. I can try it if you like and let you know how that goes as well.

This is a first. I've never quoted myself before. Just thought I would update everyone.
    I had a chance to shoot the two barrels side by side this week. I used the same gun and simply swapped the barrels out to test the two. There was no difference in accuracy between the two barrels. Kind of disappointing since I bought the SL at almost twice the price of the OEM barrel. I did try the 40 mags loaded with 9mm as well. They stripped the last round and functioned just fine. YMMV. The cartridges did however ride higher in the feed lips though. While I wouldn't carry that way I wouldn't have a problem doing this at the range.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Nothing wrong with the .40 S&W. It got a bad rap in the early days for being picky, hard to reload, unable to reuse brass, etc. The problem was not the round, it was the poor chamber design of early glocks. glock seems to have gotten that worked out fine with later generations. The .40 does a good job and is tolerant for different reloads much like the .45. The Beretta 96 and the Para 16.40 function dependably and accurately with about any style ammo or reload I throw in them.

Top Bottom