• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana

Been wanting one of these for a while but always was a day late when they came up for sale, so when this one came up a couple of weeks ago I moved fast to verify that it was indeed legit. (Thanks Vic, RyanE, & Ratnik for all your help)

It’s a 41 Tula and according to Vic is a late year production in a 43 Tula AVT stock. The scope mount is a reproduction from Sarco (some day I will find a legit one) and the scope is a 42 Progress SVT scope. I am looking forward to getting this beast out to the range and see how she runs.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've resisted the urge to pick up one of those. Damn you for tempting me with this beauty. :):

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I hate you.:rockwoot:

These simply dont just come around especially in this version.
    Very very nice, now i know you need some cash so how's about selling that Tiger/svd.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Learn how to adjust the gas system for different ammo.Also that part is most likely responsible for any failures to properly cycle,it gets dirty fairly quickly.If it gets to dirty you will rip cases in half and break the extractor(not an easy to find part).

I still kick myself for selling mine.I paid $350 for a freshly imported one back in the day,and sold it a few years later for $650....*kick....*Kick.
    Take a look at the fourth post here....
    http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/how-do-i-adjust-gas-cylinder-for-svt-40.61208/

Gas system tool.
    http://www.blackrivergunsmithing.com/toolsandaccessories.html

Last edited:

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    After I saw my first one,I really wanted one--------with the price they are bringing now------I don't need one

tallend

P.S. Bring it to fcvcc--I will furnish the ammo--WE can shoot it:):

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Surely you have a little room left in your Mosin warehouse facility though... :):

The backhoe is on it's way to clear out another 500 square feet...

I think there is one mosin left he needs to complete his collection with an obscure stamp that looks like Hello Kitty (supposed to look like a wolf but you know commies...:rolleyes:) that Millertyme has been trying to locate...Supposedly the only know example is in a forest in Tunguska, Siberia that was being carried by a wolf hunter who died in the Tunguska Explosion in the early 20th century and the weapon was never recovered...Millertyme has mounted three expeditions (one during the Cold War where he he first grew his moustache to pass himself off as a Cossack Biologist studying the effects of the blast on pine squirells) and the last being in 2012...I hope he gets it...

Here is some doucumentary footage taken during the Cold War expedition in the 70's when he thought he had found it but it ended up being a fake that some Godless, Commie, Bubba had stamped to look like an original....

[video=youtube;f7nqxIdROsI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7nqxIdROsI[/video]

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The backhoe is on it's way to clear out another 500 square feet...

I think there is one mosin left he needs to complete his collection with an obscure stamp that looks like Hello Kitty (supposed to look like a wolf but you know commies...:rolleyes:) that Millertyme has been trying to locate...Supposedly the only know example is in a forest in Tunguska, Siberia that was being carried by a wolf hunter who died in the Tunguska Explosion in the early 20th century and the weapon was never recovered...Millertyme has mounted three expeditions (one during the Cold War where he he first grew his moustache to pass himself off as a Cossack Biologist studying the effects of the blast on pine squirells) and the last being in 2012...I hope he gets it...

Here is some doucumentary footage taken during the Cold War expedition in the 70's when he thought he had found it but it ended up being a fake that some Godless, Commie, Bubba had stamped to look like an original....

:laugh: Just think... if Gunbroker had been around in the 70's Millertyme might be clean shaven to this day!

Top Bottom