• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I reload with a SDB in 45ACP at 1.275 with a Berrys 230gn round nose. I set the crimp by using my barrel out of the gun. Drop it in make sure it seats all the way down and then turn barrell upside down and it should fall out.

I understand what you all are saying to fit it to your gun, but how do commercail reloaders make ammunition when they dont know what gun its going in? Or do they check it in the gun b4 they start making rounds? seems to me like theres a lot of variation on OAL between guns...

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    45 pro, all I have read, is all good info, but unless, I missed something, don't forget, to trim the case.... The headspace, as was mentioned, the .45 headspaces, on the mouth, so, if the case, is too long, the slide, will not close ... :twocents:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    45 pro, all I have read, is all good info, but unless, I missed something, don't forget, to trim the case.... The headspace, as was mentioned, the .45 headspaces, on the mouth, so, if the case, is too long, the slide, will not close ... :twocents:

I've been reloading for 23 years, My cousin has been at it for 35 years. Neither of us has ever trimmed a single .45, .9mm, .38, .357. If you look around the vast majority of reloaders will tell you that a "straight" walled pistol case (those mentioned above and many more) do not need trimmed. Now shouldered rifle cases get checked every reloading and trimmed as needed.

Top Bottom