45 acp rubber rounds? 12 ga sandbag shells?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Friend of mine got some of the 12 gauge bean bag rounds at the 1500 years ago.

The dog getting in his trash cans now runs around his year instead of checking out the garbage.

JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    I have seen rubber 45 cal bullets on midway usa I think they were ment to be loaded with primers only no powder and I think I seen some different types of non leathal shot gun ammo Lightfield nonleathal wildlife control rubber slug and rubber 00 buck is one.

Last edited:

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    With no powder, how do they propel? If it's no powder, how loud could it be? The difference in pressure wouldn't be that great. Plus .45 is a natural subsonic round...

Still pretty loud. If you've ever had a squib (well, uh, not me, of course... but I've read about them) you know that just a primer going off is not as loud as a full house .45... but still pretty loud.

Also, just a primer without powder will push a 230gr bullet several inches down a barrel... so I'm curious to know what these rubber bullets would do.

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    If your into reloading I've had good success with Paper Patched Glue Sticks for my 45.... Let me know if your interested and I can fill you in on the process.
    Other wise Midway has the Rubber Bullets you can buy and relaod too as an option.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    If your into reloading I've had good success with Paper Patched Glue Sticks for my 45.... Let me know if your interested and I can fill you in on the process.
    Other wise Midway has the Rubber Bullets you can buy and relaod too as an option.

I'm curious of the process, if you do not mind...

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    My grandpa used to open up shotgun shells, dump out the lead shot and refill with soybeans for oldtymie less than lethal pest control.

Don't try this if you don't know what your doing.

Top Bottom