• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I had the opportunity to shoot one and it is a fantastic gun. It was the full-size, the 37 I believe. Very soft shooting gun and very accurate.

I am not trying to talk you out of one, I know of a couple of guys that bought them and love them. It is going to be a bit harder to find ammo in some places but that is why God created the internet! In the end, I would personally opt for a .45 ACP Glock, like the 21SF or Gen 4 if the standard-size Glock 21 is a bit too large, but there isn't anything wrong with the GAP that would keep me from using it or carrying it.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Don't forget, Glock came out with the 30s, is it, at shot show. Full on 45acp in a much smaller package. I think 45GAP is going the way of the 10mm, as in having a small fan based community and expensive ammo.

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    See my article on it in the 2013 GLOCK AUTOPISTOLS magazine. It's Gunny's choice for home defense.

I just read that article last night, that's kind of why I was asking. It appears it's a smaller package with the same punch, less recoil by design etc... I'm definitely buying the 21 or 21SF. I'm a huge fan of the 45 especially for carry. I just thought I'd consider it for carry because of the smaller package.

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    Don't forget, Glock came out with the 30s, is it, at shot show. Full on 45acp in a much smaller package. I think 45GAP is going the way of the 10mm, as in having a small fan based community and expensive ammo.

Yeah, I considered that one also but it's way small for my mitts!! But I probably wouldn't let that stop me from buying another gun :): I could always pass it off to the wife

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    I carry the 38 (compact) 45GAP and love it to death. It shoots extremely well, with just a little push for recoil. Ya the ammo is a tad bit more expensive but the nice thing about that is I have been able to find ammo fairly easy and cheap with all the "panic buying" that has been going on lately. It seems like the LGS is always out of 45acp but they always have a box or two of 45gap. Also your able to reload it as well. Overall it's a great carry gun and nightstand gun and the wife can handle and shoot it with ease due to the recoil being very managble

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Get a .45 ACP, the GAP is just an oddball round that will be hard to find and personally think it will have a lower resale value if you ever want to sell it. Try buying GAP ammo at Walmart etc. If you reload you can down load a .45 Auto for lower recoil if that is the issue. Some folks like having something different..the GAP is that.

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Get a .45 ACP, the GAP is just an oddball round that will be hard to find and personally think it will have a lower resale value if you ever want to sell it. Try buying GAP ammo at Walmart etc. If you reload you can down load a .45 Auto for lower recoil if that is the issue. Some folks like having something different..the GAP is that.

Heck you can't buy 45acp at Wally World anymore. It's never in stock and if it is it's gone in five minutes.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    At one point I had a G39. I have nothing bad to say about the GAP round, but it wasn't long before I was switching to a G19 because of the cost of ammo for GAP, and the higher capacity of the G19.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I like the concept a lot (.45 in a smaller frame), ammo is not as available as other calibers but seen it locally and have found it on the net most of the time. A couple years ago Buds gunshop was selling G37's FDE for $350.00 and I kick myself for not getting one.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    At one point I had a G39. I have nothing bad to say about the GAP round, but it wasn't long before I was switching to a G19 because of the cost of ammo for GAP, and the higher capacity of the G19.
    I have one of each size 37,38 and 39.. 39 is basically the same size and a 26 so smaller than a G-30. Very accurate although the ammo is usually a little harder to find, at this point in time it might actually be a little easier to find. Buy the ammo in bulk in the Internet and it's not bad at all. :D I'm sold on the idea, personally.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013

YEP

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    When the model 38 and 39 are made in Gen 4 I will own both. It may not be a popular round, but once you shoot it you'll enjoy it. I buy a case of ammo at a time online and it makes the price comparable to the 45 ACP. As far as the resale value being lower, its a possibility, however if you look on gunbroker they aren't going for very much cheaper then the other models.

Top Bottom