• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mando-gunner-89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I got a bca 458 complete upper for Christmas and I have to load each round by hand, I realize that this is a magazine issue because I haven't cut the half moon into my steal mags yet. But my question is should my feed ramps be g2g already or do they need tweaked also? Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• 20200125_161036.jpg
      20200125_161036.jpg
      366.9 KB · Views: 22

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    BCA isn't exactly associated with the highest quality parts. I've seen a lot of chatter over the interwebs about blending the ramps, but don't have much experience with that myself.

Tromix has a pretty looking chamber. FWIW, and looks (fairly?) Similar to what you have going on up there.

Upper-Receiver-2.jpg

You should definitely address the magazines and find out though, before you go anywhere with a dremel.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I got a bca 458 complete upper for Christmas and I have to load each round by hand, I realize that this is a magazine issue because I haven't cut the half moon into my steal mags yet. But my question is should my feed ramps be g2g already or do they need tweaked also? Thanks for the info.

Get an RMA send it back tell BCA the problem let them fix it. That's what a warranty is for.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Get an RMA send it back tell BCA the problem let them fix it. That's what a warranty is for.

He first needs to either modify his current mag or buy a dedicated mag for the round
    458 socom will not feed from an unmodified 223 mag

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    He first needs to either modify his current mag or buy a dedicated mag for the round
    458 socom will not feed from an unmodified 223 mag

Ah I see. I thought it was a feed ramp problem.
    My buddy uses CPD mags. Has not had any problems at all. He bought six at our LGS $22.50 each out the door.

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    There is another option for the mags. Tromix sells a follower for the larger bore AR rounds

https://tromix.com/product/458-center-feed-follower-for-30-round-gi-magazines/

I have a stale 450 Bushmaster project that I bought 2 lancer mags & followers for a while back. They're nice, and you can see in the picture that the follower sits flush with the magazine lip. That's the case with my mags as well, but I obviously haven't put any rounds down range yet.

Top Bottom