• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Anyone have a lead on some 230gr. FMJ RN .451" bullets and Large pistol primers? Everywhere I've searched is out of stock. :(

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    You just have to keep checking. I bought Lg. Pistol primers from Cabelas Sunday night. I just checked again for you and thay are out again.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Thanks, I saw your thread about an hr. ago on Cabelas, but they were already out of stock. I did find bullets last night. Hopefully, things start to break loose soon. Natchez had some 5.56 bulk Winchester in stock, that's the first I've seen in a while. High price but still in stock. I put the specifics in the Ammo sticky at the top.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Might want to try some cast lead 230's-I've found them to shoot great out my .45 Ruger,gone thru about 200 recently,no problems at all-no barrel leading,no feeding or ejection issues,good accuracy-not as pretty as jacketed,but the holes in the target are the same! Got a used mold from Andrew @ Profire,plan to cast my own when these 500 are gone!

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Try Bite The Bullet in Seymour. Last time I was in there they had Montana Gold in stock for 45ACP and several others.

Also might try Profire in Indy, he might have some.

If you are willing to order and don't mind plated, try 45

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    The bullets are for my Glock 30 and I only shoot plated or fmj out of it. I do use SWC in my 1911A1 and still have some Star Mfg. 185's left for it. I found some plated bullets the other night, so I'm just looking for Lg. pistol primers now. They seemed to have dried up. If anyone knows of any place with Lg. Pistol Primers in the Southeast let me know. Thanks!

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Traildust army surplus had 5-6K last weekend all their primers were at 49.99 per 1k I would call before you invest in a drive though.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Ouch is right! I was ticked off at the forty I paid at the gun show last weekend. They normally cost me thirty.

Google Standard Bullet Company and start shooting hard cast. It is way cheaper and I dont know anybody that can beat his prices. He should have primers also. I buy FTF and am not sure what he would charge for shipping.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.

If that's the case, I'll be waiting this crap out. Imagine the price if you order it and have it shipped (+$27.50 for "hazardous shipping fee" taxation at it's best). Check out GBroker, guys are asking $100/1000 + shipping. It's just friggin' rediculous! :ar15: Making a profit is one thing, but they are flat out bending folks over and laughing all the way. Supply and Demand can kiss my A** .

Ok, my rant is over, who has a 500 or so Lg. Pistol Primers for sale...at a reasonably semi-normal price? :)

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    note I didn't say I bought any:D I was after small rifle but told them I'd rather pay the hazmat fee. but if someone needs them pronto they are there.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Was at Plainfield shooting supplies today and got 1000 large pistol and sm rifle Winchester primers. I think the had some 230 FMJ too, but not 100%. He is a little high at $41.00 a box(i guess not by today's standards), but I hadn't been able to find any anywhere and was out of those 2.

Bob had several boxes of 1000 and will also break them into 100's, not sure how close this would be for you though.

Last edited:

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Was at Plainfield shooting supplies today and got 1000 large pistol and sm rifle Winchester primers. I think the had some 230 FMJ too, but not 100%. He is a little high at $41.00 a box(i guess not by today's standards), but I hadn't been able to find any anywhere and was out of those 2.

Bob had several boxes of 1000 and will also break them into 100's, not sure how close this would be for you though.

Thanks for the info, but that's about 100 miles + each way, a little too far considering the cost of gas.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Bite The Bullet or Acme in Seymour.
    Sport 256 Garden in Austin.
    Atterbury typically has the best prices on primers & powder.

That's about as far South as I go.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Thanks guys for the help in locating some primers, one of the other threads listed Wulff in Connersville so I made the trip today (closer than Indy for me). I bought 3k and he still had about 3-4k more available as of noon today if anyone is near there. $35/k for Winchester Large Pistol(reg/magnum) primers.

Top Bottom