• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The only reason that 10mm has not taken off is that CZ hasn't made a gun for it yet! :oldwise: Once they get around to correcting that oversight with a stainless 97B in 10mm, all other calibers will fade away and even the Glock guys will kneel at the alter of CZ. :koolaid::koolaid:

Hey. Can we sign a petition?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It does, but the Glock guys just cannot bend that far. Stepping away from a Glock is huge, but to jump all the way into the 1911 platform is just too far to expect them to go.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No one has made a budget gun in 10mm yet. That's another reason.

My RIA was pretty reasonably priced. But when plinking ammo is usually more than $0.50/rnd, it's hard to justify marketing a budget gun. A major reason people don't buy 10mm guns is the ammo price. To get the price down there has to be wider acceptance by the market. But there seems to be growing interest now, and I am finding more 10mm ammo on the shelves. it'll be a slow process. If demand rises enough, ammo price will go down, and we'll see more 10mm options available.

Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    My RIA was pretty reasonably priced. But when plinking ammo is usually more than $0.50/rnd, it's hard to justify marketing a budget gun. A major reason people don't buy 10mm guns is the ammo price. To get the price down there has to be wider acceptance by the market. But there seems to be growing interest now, and I am finding more 10mm ammo on the shelves. it'll be a slow process. If demand rises enough, ammo price will go down, and we'll see more 10mm options available.

It's a marketing technique. If you can get them to buy the gun, they will buy the ammo. In other words, create a demand for cheaper ammo. The key to driving prices down is to create a demand for lower prices. If we can get the weapons into more people's hands, manufacturers will see that they can reduce the price and experience greater profit. That's what's happening with 380Auto. There has been an increase in the need and naturally prices have dropped. Why? Because budget guns like the Ruger LCP and similar weapons use it. If we can get something in the same price point for 10mm we will be set.

Also getting something domestic in that price might help too.

Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    For a serious gun aficionado that is a bargain price. I'm thinking more like S&W or Ruger producing a bargain gun like they did with the SD9 and SR9 respectively. In order to lure the masses in you have to present the product with a universal symbol of quality and standing reputation. This is why major brands need to introduce a bargain gun. EAA is a good gun; but it doesn't hold prestige like Smith, Colt, or Ruger.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For a serious gun aficionado that is a bargain price. I'm thinking more like S&W or Ruger producing a bargain gun like they did with the SD9 and SR9 respectively. In order to lure the masses in you have to present the product with a universal symbol of quality and standing reputation. This is why major brands need to introduce a bargain gun. EAA is a good gun; but it doesn't hold prestige like Smith, Colt, or Ruger.

True, but it's got better chamber support than a DE or Glock 20.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It does, but the Glock guys just cannot bend that far. Stepping away from a Glock is huge, but to jump all the way into the 1911 platform is just too far to expect them to go.

And?

Some guys like the 1911...so? Some guys, and I`m one of them, appreciate, and prefer the reliability of the Glock, along with the added capacity of the double stack magazine. You make it sound like your preference is "right", and the Glock guys are "wrong", which is not the case at all. There is no right or wrong.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    And?

Some guys like the 1911...so? Some guys, and I`m one of them, appreciate, and prefer the reliability of the Glock, along with the added capacity of the double stack magazine. You make it sound like your preference is "right", and the Glock guys are "wrong", which is not the case at all. There is no right or wrong.

Don't fall for obvious bait.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I recently picked a Glock 40 10mm to deer hunt with. It has quickly turned into a favorite pistol. I have .45 acp pistols as well and have no plans to switch as they do different jobs for me.

blakeelee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Brownsburg
    Id say no. 10mm is expensive, harder to shoot than 45. and in your situation, it doesnt make much sense to switch all over. if a 45 wont kill it, you probably need a rifle.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    And?

Sorry, I was just poking some of the Glock fanboys a bit. I try to be platform agnostic personally. I own Glocks, like them well enough, but don't buy into the perfection argument. I own 1911s and like them a lot, but know that they seem to bother some folks. I prefer CZs of all flavors but admit that they are not for everyone. You have got to admit that there are some guys that are so deep into the Glock myth that they just could not stretch all the way into buying a 1911. Not all Glock guys, but there are the fanboys out there that can't do it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Have fun with it now and hopefully 10mm will get cheaper and easier to dind

The 10mm is not a new round...it just seems that way to some people. It has actually been around - and had guns chambered for it - for quite a while.

What I'm getting at is, if you're telling yourself that often-repeated little lie about how "10mm will eventually get more available and cheaper as it gets popular"...those words have been hoped for by many people before you, for a long time, and it hasn't happened yet. There is a reason for that. This is because whatever additional it brings to the table just isn't that compelling, in terms of the things handguns are most often used for. It's expensive, and it doesn't really add benefit for most "handgun" applications, ie, defensive use (you didn't really sound like hunting was a major handgun use consideration for you...although if it was, a .44 Mag revolver would have a better trigger pull, power, and optics mounting options than any Glock).

The main question is, "Do you reload?" If you don't, I wouldn't sell off your .45 Glock stuff just to get money to buy a crap-load of ammo for a new Glock in a different caliber that you stumbled onto for a good price. You got the gun for a good deal, but you would likely be blowing those savings selling other things at a loss and jumping into a new caliber platform that you'll likely regret later. (If I could have all the money INGO Classified ad-listers have wasted, jumping out of one caliber platform and into another because they got a good deal on a different caliber Glock - I could retire before 50).

Just my opinion. Everyones' mileage may vary.

Last edited:

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    My EDC is a 6" STI Perfect 10 Model 2011 holding 23 rounds of 10mm. I like the 10mm as I can reload close to the low .41 mag. It has killed close to 300 coyotes in 5 years in a S&W 1006 and the STI. I like 180 gr XTP's or Gold Dots

Top Bottom