• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When kiwis are outlawed, only outlaws will have sweet, slightly tart fruit.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In this one, he was upset that he didn't undergo an "illegal search".

[video=youtube;h7ztwuvsWWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ztwuvsWWQ[/video]

What a Constitutional infringement it is to say "I'm coming from __________." "I don't have any agricultural products." Just a couple of simple questions to avoid this mess....which he clearly did not want to avoid.

TYRANNY!

(Someone say it...say it. You know you want to)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I couldn;t watch it all. Why was he stopped, was there RS PC. I watched a lot of other wehicles passing without inspection.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    TYRANNY!

(Someone say it...say it. You know you want to)

I'll say it. Someone has to.

Why do you hate Liberty?

Why was he stopped, was there RS PC. I watched a lot of other wehicles passing without inspection.

Admin

Ag inspections are a seizure but have long been held a reasonable one.

Magic word constitutional law never helps.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The last time I looked this up in one of those Western states the ag inspection law was only for commercial vehicles not regular passenger vehicles. If it's the same in CA then he had every right to refuse inspection of his SUV.

I know the lawyers on here have said if the LEO says get out then get out. I don't know the rules for CA.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It is my understanding that passenger vehicles are not an automatic inspection, but they will ask screening questions. If the answers indicate the need for inspection, they can inspect.

This guy bought himself an inspection.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ag inspections are a seizure but have long been held a reasonable one.

Magic word constitutional law never helps.

Are we not insures protection against search without RS/PC or warrant?

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/12028-7-exceptions-search-warrant-rule.html

It is my understanding that passenger vehicles are not an automatic inspection, but they will ask screening questions. If the answers indicate the need for inspection, they can inspect.

I watched the beginning of the video several times, to make sure that the car immediately ahead of him passed through un challenged, and further im the video cars and cars with campers were passing through the other lane without being questioned.

His caution to his family was not to answer any questions. I am dad and I will answer all questions my family should be silent.

[video=youtube;6wXkI4t7nuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc[/video]

I realize that he said it was none of their business, but I see this as a huge overstep of auhtority.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

How does this process of success or failure to correctly answer the trick question work?

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I really expected more support for EVERY part of the constitution here, not just the 2nd amendment. At least a couple of you get it.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    The 4th and 5th amendments do not have an "out" clause to provide an exception to officers that don't like the response they get when they ask you a question. You have the RIGHT to not answer questions and the RIGHT to not be searched. Anyone who thinks otherwise deserves the police state they get as a result. The problem is, the rest of us have it forced on us because so many are willing to roll over. The founding fathers are rolling in their graves

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    The 4th and 5th amendments do not have an "out" clause to provide an exception to officers that don't like the response they get when they ask you a question. You have the RIGHT to not answer questions and the RIGHT to not be searched. Anyone who thinks otherwise deserves the police state they get as a result. The problem is, the rest of us have it forced on us because so many are willing to roll over. The founding fathers are rolling in their graves

But why are they rolling in their graves? Is it the abuse of power by the police state? Or is it someone using the constitution to create controversy to get internet fame?

Top Bottom