• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    If you just put the link, it should automatically parse it into the post I think. I know it was weird when I had tried to post a vid the first time.

ETA: There was a thread about this earlier. I think Melensdad said it was his county IIRC. Despicable.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you just put the link, it should automatically parse it into the post I think. I know it was weird when I had tried to post a vid the first time.

ETA: There was a thread about this earlier. I think Melensdad said it was his county IIRC. Despicable.

No I live in Lake County, this occurred in La Porte County, a couple counties east of me.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    What was the woman looking for in the first place?

Where is the other thread on this video? I'm really interested in finding out more.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Hmmm, this intrigues me, feed me more knowledge

I love it how the guy is completely versed in the laws, yet the ones who have things to hide are the ones to know everything precisely....

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    He would have been perfectly within his right to lay waste to hat bitch. He has informed her that she is trespassing and violating his property line. I had a run in with my sisters ex's mother and the cop said I was well within my right to shoot her since she would not leave my driveway. Its private property and she is trespassing. Fire away!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    He would have been perfectly within his right to lay waste to hat bitch. He has informed her that she is trespassing and violating his property line. I had a run in with my sisters ex's mother and the cop said I was well within my right to shoot her since she would not leave my driveway. Its private property and she is trespassing. Fire away!

Wow, how crazy would that have been if he double tapped into her chest with that sheriff standing there.:draw:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I believe he was digging a septic system. He did not have all the proper rules followed or she would NOt have been there. Still she really should have gone to the judge and gotten the correct lawful search warrant.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Realistically, the only explanation a REASONABLE and RATIONAL human being would have resisting an inspection by government personnell is if he WAS in violation of something. If a government person comes by and wants to inspect my grounds, go ahead. I really dont understand what this guy's deal was unless he WAS in violation of something.

The guy video tapes this? Nothing wrong with that, but it seems like he was maybe warned of a government inspection of his lands and wanted to make a martyr of himself on the i-net. I dont have enough details and the video description everyone posts this of doesnt either. I think the guy maybe threatened the personnell coming to their home before, thus the reason for the sherriffs (and the guy setting up his camera and being, in all purposes, belligerent).

The govt's intrusion was bad, yes, however, his reaction was uncalled for unless he had something to hide. If there is nothing wrong, why resist a perfectly good inspection? This is like a person who owns a restaurant not allowing the health inspector in b/c he/she doesnt have a "court order". This is while cockroaches are skittering across the floor.

I have nothing wrong with the guy's ideals (it could be a constitutional violation, we dont know, not enough information), but the way he resisted was sort of stupid. Draws more attention to a potential problem he may have.

There really isnt a reason to go "double tapping" government personnel attempting to do their job (unless it is physically harming you) in my mind. Does the search (not performed by police, but by a low level official doing their job) harm you physically? Are they taking things away from you? No, they are simply inspecting your property to ensure its within local laws for the health safety of the public. You incorrectly dig a septic system, you just make life worse water wise for a hundred people that use wells. Logic, folks, logic. Do people get bent out of shape for a cop stopping you for a bad headlight? No, because its in the interest of public safety. "Shooting someone for "intrusion" is classic internet blowhard behavior. Do that and that sherriff behind you would double tap you and your family. Then where are you? You wont become a martyr, you will become a criminal. Lets use some logic here, thats all. If they came to take your firearms, then that is a different system all together. They would act under a blanket law that would allow them to do that. But we resist that in courts.

This guy seems fishy to me in regards to this video. If he has complaints from neighbors (once again, not enough info on any side regarding this), and sherriffs are involved, the guy is up to something strange. Maybe he didnt call before he dug :D.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    BTW, I'm not all that familiar with all of our laws here...Could he have shot that B****?

With all due respect, thats crazy. On what grounds could he have possibly shot her? I agree she was trespassing, but she posed no threat to his well being or his property. Sure, he didn't like her being there, and she was committing a crime, but thats not grounds to shoot someone. Every time a thread like this comes up I wonder whatever happened to peoples' judgement. You cant just shoot people every time you get pissed. Your gun wont solve all your problems.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Realistically, the only explanation a REASONABLE and RATIONAL human being would have resisting an inspection by government personnell is if he WAS in violation of something. If a government person comes by and wants to inspect my grounds, go ahead. I really dont understand what this guy's deal was unless he WAS in violation of something.

The guy video tapes this? Nothing wrong with that, but it seems like he was maybe warned of a government inspection of his lands and wanted to make a martyr of himself on the i-net. I dont have enough details and the video description everyone posts this of doesnt either. I think the guy maybe threatened the personnell coming to their home before, thus the reason for the sherriffs (and the guy setting up his camera and being, in all purposes, belligerent).

The govt's intrusion was bad, yes, however, his reaction was uncalled for unless he had something to hide. If there is nothing wrong, why resist a perfectly good inspection? This is like a person who owns a restaurant not allowing the health inspector in b/c he/she doesnt have a "court order". This is while cockroaches are skittering across the floor.

I have nothing wrong with the guy's ideals (it could be a constitutional violation, we dont know, not enough information), but the way he resisted was sort of stupid. Draws more attention to a potential problem he may have.

There really isnt a reason to go "double tapping" government personnel attempting to do their job (unless it is physically harming you) in my mind. Does the search (not performed by police, but by a low level official doing their job) harm you physically? Are they taking things away from you? No, they are simply inspecting your property to ensure its within local laws for the health safety of the public. You incorrectly dig a septic system, you just make life worse water wise for a hundred people that use wells. Logic, folks, logic. Do people get bent out of shape for a cop stopping you for a bad headlight? No, because its in the interest of public safety. "Shooting someone for "intrusion" is classic internet blowhard behavior. Do that and that sherriff behind you would double tap you and your family. Then where are you? You wont become a martyr, you will become a criminal. Lets use some logic here, thats all. If they came to take your firearms, then that is a different system all together. They would act under a blanket law that would allow them to do that. But we resist that in courts.

This guy seems fishy to me in regards to this video. If he has complaints from neighbors (once again, not enough info on any side regarding this), and sherriffs are involved, the guy is up to something strange. Maybe he didnt call before he dug :D.

I can agree with you on the NOT neccessary to "double tap" the inspector. On most other commets I have to politely disagree.
    1) IF he was supposed to get permits to dig and did NOT have said permits posted or available for viewing then he is in violation of some ordinance and a search warrant should be issued. problem solved.
    2) If a restaraunt refuses an inspection then that restaraunt should be closed down. There are certain rights that are forfieted voluntarily. Like My wife's daycare: in order to get a license we have to allow an inspection of our property as well as a water sample. A simple homeowner does NOT have that same requirement.
    3) No: the inspector was NOT endangering the man's life but she WAS certainly unlawfully trespassing, and without the proper documentation his videotaping the event was (I presume) for a record and evidence in the pending court case he surely has filed!

You asked that if a low level official wants to do an inspection "are they taking anything from you?" I say yes! They are taking away my right to property and privacy. If there are laws to support trespassing charges then there are laws to protect my property and privacy. IF in fact they did NOT gain permission beforehand then they should have sought a warrant.
    :soapbox:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Like I said, not enough info to go on here.

If a sherriff is involved, then the guy knew that the inspector was probably coming. I am basing this on the presence of the police. If the police have to be present, the guy obviously threatened or refused to allow the person on their premises. In that case, privacy was not diminished, as the man understood the consequences of his actions. Heck with so little information here, they could have had a warrant, this could have told him they had a warrant before arriving on the scene. Just not enough info.

I do agree with the restaurant thing. It was a bad analogy on my part (I apologize). A private business is subject to more public scrutiny and therefore, can be "raided" at any time.

What sounds like to me is that they informed him that they were coming, he said not without a warrant. They informed the local sherriff, then informed him again. He probably went on a "Im hardcore whatever" rant on the phone, then hung up, but they may have had a warrant, but the man's behavior was strange. He could have been made aware they were coming with a warrant but the camera would have changed how the viewing public saw the situation. Just not enough info though...

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Doesn't matter weither the guy was "hardcore" or did have something to hide. The law was broken because they did not have a search warrant. Hope this guy sued and won. Deputy Cooper dropped the ball on not enforcing the trespass.

Top Bottom