2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ktown Indiana
    ** Trap Shooting **

Thursday, 5/21/09 @ 6:30pm

Kingen Gun Club
    5190 N 500 W
    McCordsville, IN 46055

I have spoken to the owners and they have agreed to open up the Trap shooting on this day if we can get enough interest. I have been trap shooting out at this location since the end of 2008 and cannot say enough since things about the staff that works there. Family like atmosphere and very helpful/ accommodating to what you need. They do have a kitchen onsite for burgers/ hot dogs/ fries etc, but she was not sure if that would be open (depends on amount of people coming). This is open to anyone from beginners and up! If you have not done this before, come on out, it is a blast!

Cost of shooting is $4.75 per round (25). I would like to get at least 10-15 shooters with an average 2-3 rounds per shooter. I shoot weekly and run through 3-4 rounds at a time.

They do have ammo onsite that you can purchase, but it is cheaper just to bring your own. I have several extra shotguns if you need something to shoot. Just PM me.

If you have any questions, let me know. This is a set in stone date and is already on their calendar, so post up if you are interested.

Rick
    -IndyParts

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I'd be down if I don't have to work (wont know till the sunday before). I've never shot trap before, but I'm going home to get a couple shotguns out of the safe, and possibly try it with a couple buddies. I'll let you know as soon as my schedule comes out if I can attend.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    well i just found out that my girlfriend is coming into town from SC that day, and she lives in mccoordsville. let me talk to her and try to convince her that this is a good idea. ill let you know by monday/tuesday.

IndyParts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ktown Indiana
    It is the day of. I have not had alot of interest in this and unless something happens in the next couple of hours, I will likely close the thread and cancel the shoot.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Sorry to hear there is not enough interest at this time. If you want to try again at another date, please contact me. I like to shoot trap on Thursday nights at MCF&G but it is fun to try out other clubs. I'm always open to meet others who want to get togeather to shoot. Thanks for trying.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I'd love to be in on this, although I couldn't do it during the week due to my work hours. I'm open for a weekend shoot sometime though! :yesway:

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Rick -- I really like the idea, and sorry you had to cancel for tonight (I could be there). Thursdays work well for me, so plan another one and I'll (& maybe the wife). I'm down in New Pal, so easy drive for me. Thanks, and next time. -- Greg

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I cant come do to an unforeseen medical condition coming up. I really wanted to shoot tonight too.

Look in the breakroom for more info if you wanna know what happened.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I'd come, but I just found it today. Already have plans. I shot alot there in the early eighties. PM me and give me another date and I'll make it.

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    too bad none of us saw this add earlier i live pretty close to there and could have been there tonight are they opened otherwise for tonight? what are their hours? :ar15: i just noticed that they were a trap house a couple of weeks ago after driving by for years lol.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Just too far for me where I live now but I learned trap shooting there from Dink. I shot on a squad from work once a week all summer and Dink pulled our birds for us and essentially gave every one free lessons.

One day were were all done and sitting on a porch on the back of the clubhouse and some one ask Dink "just how far could you hit one of those any way Dink?" Now the guy had to be 70 or more at the time and he say's "I don't know, insert trap boys name, PULL ONE FOR ME!" He stands up drops a shell in and breaks that bird from the back porch. I wouldn't even guess how far that shot was but it was one heck of a long way and immpressed heck out of me, still does.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Just felt like sharing some info

Today the wife and I were out toolin around after her eye appt, ended up at Kingen range.

Their apparently open two days a week, Weds and Sat's from 12 to 4. As Rick stated in his OP, its $4.75 a round. (A round consists of 25 birds)

This place is a newly found hidden treasure for us, so close to home (Hancock cty) and affordable rates. Very old school family atmosphere...I walked in and there was four older gents playing cards, they all stopped to wave hello.

When I asked for some information on the place, rates rules hours etc. The man (Jim) points to a stool and says have a seat and ask any questions you have.

That made me feel comfortable and at ease very quickly. I only wish I had thrown the shotgun and some shells in the car before we headed out this morning.

I could see a Sat INGO trap shoot being held there easily. I know there are plenty of Hancock county INGO'ers and from the surrounding areas, that we could do one and have a pretty decent turn out.

Real easy to find too....from I-70 take Mt. Comfort North towards the Mt. Comfort Airport. (Where the Air show is held) Go to the first 4way intersection which is 500, turn right. Go maybe a half mile and there it is on your left. You'll see the launcher mounds on your left as you get close.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that info out there. If we weren't already going to Wilbur Wright this Sat, we'd probably be there shooting Trap. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom