• indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    NOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!
    Luke-No-Supercut-Star-Wars.jpg

The hype is everywhere, just like some of us would expect..

More noise concerning drying up surplus - The AK Files Forums

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ian-ammo-supply-affected-by-Ukraine-situation

Ukraine Crises Could Cut Russian Ammo Imports - Page 2 - Maryland Shooters

Russian and Ukraine Ammo Supplys - ArizonaGunOwners.com

Ukraine Instability: What Will Be The Impact Upon AK Ammo? : guns

Russian situation and effect on ammo - Calguns.net

Thoughts on Ukraine | Firearms Law and Order Discussion Forum | The Outdoors Trader

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    And knowing US firearms owners, the logical response to a 7.62x39, 5.45x39, and 7.62x54r shortage is to buy as much .22lr as possible.

"They're going to ban high capacity magazines? I need to buy more .22!" becomes "Shortage of Russian small arms imports? I need to buy more .22!"

Logic fail on a mass scale.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    this is getting very tire some. Once again the trolls and ammo flippers will come out. Btw folks I see this Russian Ukraine thing coming to an end quickly. Both sides are talking.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Ok, so how many how much ammo is an acceptable stash and how much is "excessive"?

Personal preference like most things. You could search previous Threads since the subject has been beat to death in the past.
    I am not sure too many people on here will think any amount is "excessive".

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok, so how many how much ammo is an acceptable stash and how much is "excessive"?

More ammo than your 1 ton truck can safely transport. That's acceptable.

If your ammo tips over a fork-lift when unloading it off the back of your truck, then it's excessive.

If you have these problems I empathize with you. I'll help you unload it by hand for nothing in return. Maybe a bottle of beer and a couple ibuprofen.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Personal preference like most things. You could search previous Threads since the subject has been beat to death in the past.
    I am not sure too many people on here will think any amount is "excessive".

I think anything over 1 boxcar (roughly 100tons) of ammo per family member / dependant could be reasonably called excessive, unless you feel you have special concerns driving the increased need.

Also, if you need more than 1 locomotive engine to move your preps to your BOL and you already have more pre-positioned preps at your BOL than a single engine can move to your BBOL, your preps may be considered excessive.

Anything less than that which doesn't break the family budget, you are GTG in my book.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

I shoot a lot of 7.62x39 & 9mm mak. I have been concerned for a long time about the supply of cheap ammo drying up. I lived throu the clinton years which saw the end of $0.10/round ak ammo.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I ordered 2 more spam cans tonight. This makes 10 cans lol.
    My fiance will probably crush my head with them as I sleep... so I say farewell to you all.

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    Another view on the topic:

"Wanting to get the scoop straight for the horses mouth, I called the owner of Wolf Ammo (which is an American company by the way) this morning to see what I could find out about the status of imports. I was told that ammo is “on the water”, as are VEPR AK’s, and is headed towards the United States as I type this. I was also told that they have heard no news from Russia that their export agreements have been canceled or otherwise impeded". - See more at: Is the x39 world coming to an end? | The Bang Switch

Top Bottom