Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wanna convert mine =)

Where are you at? :)

FYI, yesterday I spray painted the receiver and baked it at 200F for 1.5 hours. Looks good, but a few blemishes since I'm not the best painter in the world. The rifle wouldn't fit in my oven so the barrel was sticking out of the door. Using that, I held it in place such that the receiver was floating in air and the whole rifle rested on the cover rear sight block.

Parts are being shipped out today s o hopefully I'll have it done for the weekend. :):

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Looks nice. I must ask though. How does any of this apply to that 922(r) rule? If you make it "non-sporting" does that mean there has to be a certain # of US made parts? That law confuses me. :rolleyes:

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Wanna convert mine =)

Sure... gimmie 1 million dollars.

Looks nice. I must ask though. How does any of this apply to that 922(r) rule? If you make it "non-sporting" does that mean there has to be a certain # of US made parts? That law confuses me. :rolleyes:

There is plenty of info out there on 922(r).

It has nothing to do with a certain number of US made parts... It's the other way around - there is a max of foreign made parts.

In layman's... It states that "evil" rifles can have no more than 10 foreign made parts on it. The parts that matter to the count are listed in the legal jargon. As long as your final build doesn't exceed 10 foreign parts, you are good to go.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    But that's where this law gets confusing. You're gun in original form is not "evil" but adding X number of evil looking parts makes it illegal.

The whole gun is now so wicked evil that you need to swap out a bunch of originally not evil parts for US made parts.

See how stupid this sounds?

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    But that's where this law gets confusing. You're gun in original form is not "evil" but adding X number of evil looking parts makes it illegal.

The whole gun is now so wicked evil that you need to swap out a bunch of originally not evil parts for US made parts.

See how stupid this sounds?

The sooner you realize nothing about gun laws are logical, the less sleep you are going to lose. ;)

I agree, the whole thing is completely stupid - but it's not difficult to follow. Keep the gun under 10 foreign made parts from a specific list and you're golden. Doesn't take a brain surgeon. :D

Top Bottom