• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    It was Pri-Pritz? I don't know if it was match or not. It was too high what ever it was. There's not even talk of ammo bans. Geez

mototc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    When the prices drop just remember those retailers who tried to stick it to you because they think they can. Bastards

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    When the prices drop just remember those retailers who tried to stick it to you because they think they can. Bastards

Isn't that a bit harsh? I went to NWI and talked to gun store owners and managers about the current prices and they are only going up on prices because they have to pay more. Do you believe that ammo is still being sold by the distributors at low prices? i'm sure they aren't that stupid.

When this is over -- if it ends -- we should probably remember those who even bothered to order the ammo and keep it on their shelves.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Yes, remember THOSE retailers, but they aren't us.

Our standard markup on ammo has not changed. As I posted above, we knew the batch in question was going to be expensive (i.e. wholesale price was high) when we ordered it, but it was that or nothing. We marked it up our standard amount, put it out and it sold. Future batches of other brands/types of .223 in the coming weeks/months should be more reasonable.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Remember guys gun shops sold every AR or AK they had. A lot of those were new AR/AK owners who need ammo in order to even sight in their new guns. Supply was already really low due to post election buys. Without ammo those new guns are paper weights.

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    Not only is the dealer cost going up on hard to get ammo but it is all switching to allocation. That means the dealer orders a bunch of regular stuff and then as a gift they get to purchase a limited amount of the hard to get ammo.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I have to give them a +1! They took an order for a shotgun I'm wanting when everyone else I've talked to said no way. Even if I have to wait a while, at least someone was willing to stick their neck out and TRY to get one for me.

colts1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kokomo
    thats better than the guy right now trying to sell 300 rounds of m855 62 gr. for 300 bucks. Freaking really people a dollar a round for 5.56!!! so 18 bucks for 20 is a steal!!!

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    $19/20rnds, what load is it, Hornady or Blackhills 77gr SMK?

To the FFL holders/dealers here, don't take that personally. I haven't been panic buying and I'm just expressing my disbelief at current prices. btw what are your guestimates on how long it might take for prices to settle down--assuming some boogie-man-gun/AWB legislation doesn't pick up steam?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Yeah... nearly $1/round. Somehow reloading hasn't gone up and i can still crank out 1k of 9mm, 45acp, or .223 for less than $200 each.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    thats better than the guy right now trying to sell 300 rounds of m855 62 gr. for 300 bucks. Freaking really people a dollar a round for 5.56!!! so 18 bucks for 20 is a steal!!!

You DO realize that's 90 cents a round vs. 1 dollar a round...right? :ingo:

If you think 90 cents a round is a steal, for 223, I've got this bridge you might wanna look at. ;)

Top Bottom