• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Looking for a 5.56 range near fishers (NE Indy) or brownsburg (west indy) Any good rifle ranges?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club near Pendleton allows 5.56. Membership is $90 the first year, $50 thereafter. Only 100yrds though.
    Only 100yds and a little small, but very nice (15 covered positions--OK, only 8 counting shooting benches, and the pistol range has about 7).
    There are sidewalks to the target frames though, so you don't have to track mud in the door when you get home.
    Driving from N-NW Indy on a weekend I can get there in about 45 minutes.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Glad you brought this topic up Jon. I've been in the Fisher's area for almost a year now and have yet to look for a range, just haven't had the time to go to one. I looked in Danville's rules and it looks to me like they only have 100 yard for centerfire rifles but may have longer distances on their rimfire only silhouette berms.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    Looking for a 5.56 range near fishers (NE Indy) or brownsburg (west indy) Any good rifle ranges?

The really unfortunate thing is that some clubs limit you to 30rpm or 1 shot every two seconds. Now don't get me wrong, slow fire is fine for sighting in and doing load developments etc. but sometimes you just want to let 'er rip and see how it does. Check your club rules before you join to avoid frustration.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    The really unfortunate thing is that some clubs limit you to 30rpm or 1 shot every two seconds. Now don't get me wrong, slow fire is fine for sighting in and doing load developments etc. but sometimes you just want to let 'er rip and see how it does. Check your club rules before you join to avoid frustration.

Boone County Conservation Club was mentioned earlier, and they limit 1 shot every 5 seconds. Other than that, an awesome place. $50/year.

ol' poke.

Stan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    i was a member of boone county con. they keep it up really nice dont think i would be a member again management can be a little tough to get along with and unrealistic in there demands. but thats just my

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom