• 5.7 or 5.56 Upper?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Good debate, thinking of same question, "How to build up my lower"? 5.7 sure looks fun.

You will find that ammo for the 5.7 will be harder to find than .380 or 9mm in a Walmart stock room. I decided to go with a 5.56 for my first upper and now actively looking to build a .22lr upper.

Sorry to thread jack SE, but if I get an additional upper I think I'm going to go with a 6.5.

You can use the original AR 30rd mags with the 6.5 and instead of a 30rd capacity it'll be 25, plus the 6.5 has got some serious AT&T reach out and touch you range to boot.

Maybe if I ever come out of this stay at home daddy thing I'll look to build one! I need a long range plan as that's what I'm more trained to do. :D

Beebs317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Any upper is a good upper! I love the 5.7 round, mostly because it fits in a small package like the PS90 and Five Seven pistol.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I vote 5.7.... Different is good! And what ever you choose a gas system would be a big benefit IMO. But I will gladly help you break-in which ever you choose. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How's about a 5.56 AND a .22lr Upper? I got both. Only problem is until the INGO lowers come in I only have ONE LOWER! :lmfao: Oh well!

BTW, I couldn't justify the money for the $50 mags. Plus it's not a widely used system yet and reviews are scarce and unproven in my eyes. I don't even know if they've been used in combat. 5.7 Upper that is.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Good choice! Gas system? :) Can't go wrong with that combo at all! Im an AK guy so ive been trying to find a good 22lr AK. That wont cost as much as my real ones....lol :smileak:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Gas system? the 5.56 is the standard gas system and the .22 is pure blowback, of course.

Good luck finding a .22 ak at a reasonable price.... :n00b:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Centerfire Systems HAD some, but I haven't been to the website. I just get the newspaper ads they send out.

Top Bottom