• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barbecue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Interesting read, say it ain't so. We'll find out in a few weeks, all it takes is one of them to not agree to raise the debt ceiling. No?

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    Makes me wonder if I should take a break from school and work more to buy some things to be more prepared and pay off the small debt I have. Feels kind of useless being in school right now when our country is going this direction.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Continue school. A total collapse may not be happening anytime soon.

Have a plan B, of course.

I know it will disappoint some people here, but we have a long way to go before the lights go out.

I do think we are headed for a very rough time. Things are going to cost more as the dollar is devalued. Scarcity of goods will be the norm.

If the dollar becomes worth less and less, exports will increase, work will be created, and the cycle will continue.

Anyone who claims to know what will happen with any certainty should be ignored.

But have a contingency for everything. Don't put school on hold unless you have an opportunity to get back into it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A steady decrease in your standard of living from additional taxes and inflation. As people are forced to spend less more people will be out of work as demand will drop for a lot of things. Vacations will decrease except for the very rich or foreigners, Micky Mouse will be speaking chinese.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    It may not be fun dealing with price increases and all the things going on, but I really do hope major problems hold off (or go away!) so I can get more prepared. I am blessed enough to be able to find time to go to school right now as well as my wife while we take care of our baby, but with that we are low on money and that makes it hard to get much prepping done.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    It may not be fun dealing with price increases and all the things going on, but I really do hope major problems hold off (or go away!) so I can get more prepared. I am blessed enough to be able to find time to go to school right now as well as my wife while we take care of our baby, but with that we are low on money and that makes it hard to get much prepping done.

I would keep some money in the house, if all hell breaks loose, I don't know if you'll have time to find a ATM with money:dunno:

Top Bottom