• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    Went to shipse" gun show and got rid of some odds and end ammo and boxes that someone gave me .when I went to leave seen a gentleman with a sign on his back 50 ae for sale .The old guy next door Saturday showed me his Desert Eagle 50 and said he had to find some more ammo for it.I called him, he told me to buy it all .11 boxes of samson 4 boxes of speer lawman 310 rds of once fired brass 5 boxes of bullets. gave the guy what he wanted ,got home called old guy showed him what he bought paid me loaded a couple of mags told me to shoot it......WOW...FRIGGIN WOW..if you miss the blast and flash should at least knock them down. :rockwoot:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I sold my S & W 500, it kicked like a horse, & ammo was crazy expensive like $50 a box of 20

It seems like a gun that, yes, it has a lot of kick, and yes, ammo is expensive; but when you shoot it, you're probably not shooting it for fun. You're probably shooting it to prevent yourself from becoming bear food. In that case, I don't mind expensive ammo. :p

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    I sold my S & W 500, it kicked like a horse, & ammo was crazy expensive like $50 a box of 20

muzzle energy of a Hornady 330 grain in 50 ae=1531 ft/lbs
    muzzle energy of a Win Super Gold 12 ga. slug @ 25yds=2831 ft/lbs

lots of flash, but in the real world rather have the 12 ga. faster follow-up and cheaper to shoot, granted the pistol is easier to carry, not much though, but the shotty will do a much better job in a homedefense situation, where a de 50 would likely be used, just too big to practically carry. Just my :twocents:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Its a 50 AE, who cares how practical it is, the OP wasnt buying it, just got a chance to shoot one, for FREE. Cant get much more cool than that.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Got to shoot a .50AE up at ECPR last summer, and was very disappointed. Oh the DE is a nice gun and all, but for all of the hype the round gets, there is just nothing what so ever practical about the gun or round, and the recoil was what I would consider modest at best.

:popcorn:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    It seems like a gun that, yes, it has a lot of kick, and yes, ammo is expensive; but when you shoot it, you're probably not shooting it for fun. You're probably shooting it to prevent yourself from becoming bear food. In that case, I don't mind expensive ammo. :p
    I've never seen a bear in the big city, ;)

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I have a picture of OBL with a nice .50AE hole in his forehead. Need to find it and scan it. I sold my DE .50 for funds to redo the bathroom several years ago.

Definitely a fair amount of felt recoil, but I was able to shoot it one-handed. Not able to keep it from muzzle flipping, jamming and giving me slide-thumb one handed tho :draw:

Not practical for self-defense (muzzle-flash like a stun grenade!), but fairly exciting to shoot (it definitely excites the unsuspecting in the next lane) and quicker follow-up shot than a big bore revolver (at least for me). I would not hesitate to use it for hunting. Not sure I would go looking for bear at handgun distances tho!

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    He bought it just before he retired,was going to go to Alaska fishing and camping for 2 weeks .His buddy died and he never went .Wanted to be bear safe .

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    i personally own the super ruger redhawk .480 for the purpose of cheaper rds .....i can actually enjoy shooting it ..........Horaday's a $24 a 20rd box , and heck its a .480 thats really all the power i will ever need, even in the case of a bear

Top Bottom