• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brent george

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    decatur county
    im looking for a .50 cal, and have been checking around on some prices, i would prefer a bolt action. I did a little research and heard that vulcan arms are no good, has anyone heard anything about the bushmaster? Personally i think i would prefer a barrett..... thanks for any input

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    gm had a barrett for 3300 which is a pretty good deal, but they sold it 2 weeks ago, i will have to wait for them to get another one in.....
    GM?

Go talk to 21st Century in Bluffton. They're closer anyway, I'm sure they could get their hands on one for you. And it'll probably be cheaper than GM.

EDIT: Just kidding. I thought you were from Decatur The City, not the County. Either way, a Local gun store should be able to find one cheaper than Gander.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    To the OP, what do you want to know about the bushmaster ba 50, I own one. They are getting hard to find. Which model barret were you looking at. If you want a bolt 50 bmg I would definitly look for the bushmaster ba 50, or the original model Cobb fa 50, they will set you back about $5000, depending on if It's used or new and round count. If your looking for a cheaper bolt gun there is always the armalite at 50, serbu bfg, and various 50 bmg upper manufacturers. I've researched the barrets and was not that impressed, and you need to remember with barret your also paying for the name, that's my opinion based on my research and range time.

brent george

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    decatur county
    Black label a guy has a brand new bushmaster but he wants 5300 for it I thought that was a little pricey and I got on the net and found them for 4300 and I know gm had Barrett's for 3300 but they don't know when they will get them back in

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Brent, when you have looked at them online did they have them in stock, that was the problem I was having. you can find them all day for $4500 bit if you look at the info, it will say not in stock and cannot be backordered. So I was stuck with gunbroker and the likes. Cabelas couldn't even find one. But seriously the bushmaster is far superior to the bolt barrets. The left hand bolt is great,10 round mag, and yes at 100yds I was getting sub moan with lc m33. Oh and the muzzle break it works great.

scooterb

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    evansville
    Personally I wouldn't go cheap on a .50... Buy the one u really want that u know u won't have issues with.. also I would stay away from the 50 cal uppers for the ar platform... If u can get a barett for $3300 I would jump all over that... If it was me I would go for the mcmillian tac 50 though

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Brent, when you have looked at them online did they have them in stock, that was the problem I was having. you can find them all day for $4500 bit if you look at the info, it will say not in stock and cannot be backordered. So I was stuck with gunbroker and the likes. Cabelas couldn't even find one. But seriously the bushmaster is far superior to the bolt barrets. The left hand bolt is great,10 round mag, and yes at 100yds I was getting sub moan with lc m33. Oh and the muzzle break it works great.

:n00b:

Isn't that like buying a Ferrari and only driving it around the neighborhood at 25mph? :D

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    im looking for a .50 cal, and have been checking around on some prices, i would prefer a bolt action. I did a little research and heard that vulcan arms are no good, has anyone heard anything about the bushmaster? Personally i think i would prefer a barrett..... thanks for any input
    Hillside in Roanoke has a 50 cal Armalite for $3200 I believe.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    :n00b:

Isn't that like buying a Ferrari and only driving it around the neighborhood at 25mph? :D

Not everybody has easy access to a 1000 yard range, nor do all Ferrari owners have easy access to race tracks. Doesn't mean if you want a BMG .50 rifle you shouldnt get one. Although I had heard of a guy shooting his at an indoor 25 yard range. I thought that was outright silly.

Top Bottom