• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Looking for some resonable dealers for a purchase. Need some places recommended- around Indy or shelbyville. Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,
    bob

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Called lost Dutchman and didnt have any....others in town also don't have any now the price is down....or want near 29 an ounce!!!!!! PLUS TAX!!!!!

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Would be hard to trade in the size u mention. Better off getting OZ. only a dollar or two over spot if you know what ur doing.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    This is for long tern wealth preservation. Premium for smaller coins is getting out of control and I really always wanted a 100 oz bar!

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    I honestly don't see how a shiny metal bar will do you any good in SHTF, I'd rather take the money spent and get food/supplies. To each his own.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Despite my objection of buying gold/silver, I had a few questions...how do you know you are getting real gold/silver through and through and not getting some ripoff of a fake bar/coins?

If you absolutely had to have gold/silver, and could pay a lot for it, do you have an large armed surplus in case of SHTF?

If you had to relocate to keep from being raided, how do you plan to move your gold without getting robbed?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    fake%20gold%203.jpg

Tungsten-Filled 10 Oz Gold Bar Found In The Middle Of Manhattan's Jewelry District | Zero Hedge

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    There are ways to test on larger bars.
    On silver atleast you can hit it with a hammer or screw driver and the sound is a dead give away, you can drill a couple holes in it and see what the shavings that come out are made of. Take a .999 silver coin and drop it on a table, it's a good sound.

I know he posted in the survival forum, but there are more reasons to have gold and silver other then shtf, collecting, investing (which I know we disagree with)... some places/people even take it as payment now...

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I honestly don't see how a shiny metal bar will do you any good in SHTF, I'd rather take the money spent and get food/supplies. To each his own.

As the post was made in a Survival forum, I thought the same thing. Buying gold, silver, etc., is a complete waste if it is in preparation for a governmental/societal collapse. It will be worthless.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Some people just cant stand it when others can afford to buy gold or silver. Maybe the OP has all the beans and bullets he could ever need and still has a gazillion soon to be worthless American dollars. When you look at it like that, silver is a great idea!
    Best of luck!

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    As the post was made in a Survival forum, I thought the same thing. Buying gold, silver, etc., is a complete waste if it is in preparation for a governmental/societal collapse. It will be worthless.

I wish some people would do some research on SHTF silver and see there is a place for silver in your preps.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's the paper money that will be worthless in a collapse, not metals. About ~any~ refined metal is going to have some value, and precious metals will have more value still. A wheelbarrow full of paper dollars may get you a loaf of bread - see Weimar Republic (Germany), 1923. Though specifically dealing with inflation and not centered around collapse of society, the parallels to how paper becomes worthless are valid.

Top Bottom