• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Has anyone else noticed that people have decided that the 50 post rule is just a suggestion?
    I watch the feedback area and have noticed that many (a majority) of the Neg. feedback that is left is done so in disreguard of the rules.
    I have also had issues when posting an item for sale, when I posted my GP100 for sale 5 of the 8 PM's I recieved before it sold were from members with post counts between 1-15.
    I respond to these low posters letting them know that I am unable to deal with them at this time, a shpeel about the rules and links to the faq.
    I do this for a several reasons, one reason is because it is the Rules here on INGO:rules: as well as my own safety and so that I don't waste my time dealing with dead beats.
    I see the people here at INGO as law abiding folks, but if people can't even follow the rules here on INGO how do they conduct themselves day to day.
    I am mildy offended by the by people who think that they can just go around the rules, but choose to believe that mabey they somehow missed the rules, this being the reason for the shpeel and links.
    I am much more offended by members who have met their post counts and I would assume know the rules, but choose to break them and deal witrh low posters anyway.
    From now on I will report any low post member who attempts to contact me about anything classifieds related, as well as any member that I notice has dealt with a low post/non supporting member.
    Have you guys been haveing the same problems or are low posters just attracted to me?:dunno:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Classifieds: Sell, Buy and Trade here! (52 Viewing)
    In order to post an ad (or reply) you must have a post count of 50 or more.

I take it to mean that to post an ad or to reply to an ad (in the forum) you must have 50 posts.......says nothing that you can't PM a seller. :dunno:

It is up to you whether you make a deal with them or not.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North

I take it to mean that to post an ad or to reply to an ad (in the forum) you must have 50 posts.......says nothing that you can't PM a seller. :dunno:

This is what I was looking for, other peoples veiws on the rules so that mabey I would understand why people thought it was ok.
    However I disagree, (or reply) IMO. it dose not matter if you reply to the add by posting, PM, e-mail, DHL, special carrier, carrier pigion:dunno:
    A reply is a reply the way I see it.
    No where dose it say (in the forum) and you PM box is still part of the forum that Fenway and our Mods. provide.
    I don't think our Mods. should have to define every little detail of the rules to prevent folks from bending/ loop holeing them.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I have brought this up many times.... The suggestion was to report the said PM to the Mod staff.

I believe a bigger problem are the members with 50 + post who don't see a problem with responding too and even selling to those members.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I see a user with less that 50 post and not a site supporter, PM'ing a seller as a clear cut circumvention of the rules and in no way would I deal with that person.
    The classified's are just a secondary function of INGO, and:rules:are there for that reason. People who chooses to try and bypass them garner no brownie points from me and are viewed in the same fashion as someone who's trying to cheat, lie and steal.

To be really honest about it, anyone who does this shows the real intent and that is to purchase firearms at what most people on here sell at a reduced cost because of how our "real" members treat fellow INGO'rs with a slightly reduced price.

I say OFF WITH THEIR HEAD:eek:!!! Forever banished to deal with some of the fools on Hoosier Topics.

My :twocents:'s about it, plain and simple.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I use the following in my ad postings.

Please help me follow the rules and have a 50 post count to participate in the market place.

I have a lot of that go on when I have an ad up.
    I actually did mistakenly give a low poster a sale on some small items.
    I saw a p.m. and did not think to check the post count and replied with SOLD.
    My mistake but I won't renege on a deal when I say deal, so lesson learned for the future.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    May I suggest posting 2 prices such as:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    WTS - Ruger 10/22 carbine

Site supporters and/or active contributing forum members - $210

Inactive deal snipers and rule benders - $299.99 firm

Only the members who care can stop this. Clearly, not everyone does.

:ingo:

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    May I suggest posting 2 prices such as:

WTS - Ruger 10/22 carbine

Site supporters and/or active contributing forum members - $210

Inactive deal snipers and rule benders - $299.99 firm

Only the members who care can stop this. Clearly, not everyone does.

:ingo:

LOL, sounds like a plan:D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Only the members who care can stop this.

There ya have it. INGO has rules in place and we Mods enforce them to the best of our ability, but there will always be ways around them that we cannot control (PMs, Email, visitor messages, etc). It falls to the individual members to "do the right thing" in those instances, but obviously there is some difference of opinion as to what "the right thing" is.

The only ways to completely eliminate back-channel buying/selling by low-post-count members would be 1) if every member refused to deal with them, or 2) if the 50-post requirement was removed.

rtrouten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am very new to the site, and I thank you all for welcoming me. I agree with rule, but people like me that just read and not always reply, doesnt mean we are not intrested in being supporters or just looking to get 'deals'.....I found the site from a friend because I was wanting to learn more and be able to protect my family and i was not raised around guns unfortunately!!! I dont want that to happen to my children

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Here is my take on it. The Mod's can only do so much. If we the members don't follow the rules (not deal with less than 50 post members in the classifieds) then the system falls apart. Looking at it as it is OK to PM in response to an ad because it does not specifically address that in the rules is looking for a loop hole and not in the spirit of the rule itself. We have to police ourselves to a certain degree.

This is a great forum and it will stay a great place to deal with other members as long as the rules are followed.

This is slightly off topic but... I also have talked to other members and it seems there might be some selling for profit going on. I'm not going to outright accuse anyone of buying a gun using this site and turning around and listing the same gun within the next couple of days. But you know this is a public forum and anyone can view this site, anyone. Appearances are everything, so if that is taking place I would hope that we the members that take notice of such behavior would bring it to the attention of the Mod's.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Here is my take on it. The Mod's can only do so much. If we the members don't follow the rules (not deal with less than 50 post members in the classifieds) then the system falls apart. Looking at it as it is OK to PM in response to an ad because it does not specifically address that in the rules is looking for a loop hole and not in the spirit of the rule itself. We have to police ourselves to a certain degree.

This is a great forum and it will stay a great place to deal with other members as long as the rules are followed.

This is slightly off topic but... I also have talked to other members and it seems there might be some selling for profit going on. I'm not going to outright accuse anyone of buying a gun using this site and turning around and listing the same gun within the next couple of days. But you know this is a public forum and anyone can view this site, anyone. Appearances are everything, so if that is taking place I would hope that we the members that take notice of such behavior would bring it to the attention of the Mod's.

Agree 100% with both statements!!!

I have noticed this as I have nothing better to do with the crappy weather outside. The first time somebody calls them out you will get the people screaming" you are stomping on their rights and it is called capitalism welcome to America" The only thing we can do is not deal with those people. It will not matter to them but it makes us feel better.

I guess if you feel good about yourself buying a AR for very cheap and the next day relisting it for a profit or a profitable trade more power too you.

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    I've made a couple of sales on here, and I've sold to a few with low post counts through PMs. The times I have, I've simply forgotten to check the post count, and have been fortunate to not have gotten screwed, but then again, if you are cautious, and communicate clearly in a FTF transaction, you don't have the same issues as with mail transactions.

IMHO, the 50 rule exists to protect buyers and sellers by allowing a way for people to do a "background check" to see if they are serious and legitimate contributors, or just taking advantage. If a seller chooses to draw a conclusion on a buyer based on only 20 posts, or ignores the rule altogether, then they are taking that risk into their own hands, and the site has done its due diligence to protect its members and insulate itself from liability.

Just my :twocents:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I've had some low post count folks respond to an ad or 2. I just ignore their Pm's regarding the items. Perhaps explaining why would help. But it is in plain English for them to see as well.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I also, several months ago, purchased a rifle from a member here who had too low a post count. He had had another member list the rifle for sale "for a friend", and neglected to mention that the friend also posted here. In my defense, I neglected to ask as well. Nonetheless, we came to an agreement and a price, I met the owner/seller and only in conversation did it come out that he is a member here also. I had not asked, and I had committed to the purchase, so I IMHO, the honorable thing to do is to complete the exchange, post the fact so others are aware it's being done (redacting the names of those who did it,) and learn the lesson for future reference.

I can't force anyone else to behave honorably and remain within the rules... But I can sure stay there myself.

I would like to thank ATM publicly for his "two-price" suggestion. Speaking personally (not as a mod), I endorse this and should I ever, you know, actually SELL a gun :eek:, I will likely do that, presuming I remember it. Rep has been added.

In further commentary on Shooter521's thoughts, he's correct as to the only way to truly enforce that rule is either for everyone to do it or for the 50 post rule to go away. I can do nothing but my part about the former, but if the 50 post rule is ever determined to have outlived it's usefulness, I think I will still use it personally for my own "second (or third) layer of defense."
    :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It's all bs. For the simple fact that you can buy into the classifieds for 10.00.

This is the same bs that the ATF let us own SBR's,suppressors and full auto. Pay a tax and we will allow you privlage to own/post.

The other reason it's bs is you hVe people like me that can post 300 times in 3 weeks and say nothing. Then you might have a gun professional who doesn't post much but the quality is top notch.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Why cant it be made so that the classifieds part of the forum is only visible to those with 50 approved posts?

I'd like to second this suggestion, but add site supporters. If vBulletin would allow this, then it would remove the temptation from the newbies and remove the policing efforts from the site supporters and Mods.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    It's all bs. For the simple fact that you can buy into the classifieds for 10.00.

This is the same bs that the ATF let us own SBR's,suppressors and full auto. Pay a tax and we will allow you privlage to own/post.

The other reason it's bs is you hVe people like me that can post 300 times in 3 weeks and say nothing. Then you might have a gun professional who doesn't post much but the quality is top notch.

You made it clear early on how you felt...:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by IndyMonkey
    Yes and they give out demerit points like aspirin at the VA.

(dont ask me how I know, Its only been a week since I signed up here):D

Top Bottom