• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    so i am shooting my S&W 500mag revolver and curious about others out there ......... i have been shooting hornaday 300gr, magtech 325 gr, and ultramax 330gr ............... ive heard horror stories about 700gr rds out there (but iam still curious) just curious what others shoot ? ................ also looking at reloading (of course , kinda have to) any suggestions there would be greatly appreciated as well

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have two 460s and one 500 and I shoot the heaviest bullets I can find. The lighter bullets tend to feel like a firecracker going off in the palm of my hand. The heavier slugs seem to generate more of a push or shove. I've had others try different weight rounds through my cannons and all agree that the heavier slugs are more fun to shoot.

Get some of those heavyweight slugs and give them a try. I think you'll like them.

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    I have a S&W 500. I want to reload but want to buy premium bullets for reloading. There are some that are just plated and wonder if they will do .
    Need to get dies, if someone has a set that are willing to part with, let me know price and location. Also still need the bullets too.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I have two 460s and one 500 and I shoot the heaviest bullets I can find. The lighter bullets tend to feel like a firecracker going off in the palm of my hand. The heavier slugs seem to generate more of a push or shove. I've had others try different weight rounds through my cannons and all agree that the heavier slugs are more fun to shoot.

Get some of those heavyweight slugs and give them a try. I think you'll like them.

Whip me! Beat me! Thank you, sir. May I have another? :)

Top Bottom