• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Welp ended up going with one of these. After all the review Ive read on these an it feels awesome in the hand. My LGS had one in stock today when I was out looking an for the $ I couldn't pass it up and even had a houge grip on it already with 2 mags. Its a little heavier than I was wanting but for the way it feels and the reliability of these pistols I can deal with it. (not to mention I just like steel guns:D).

5906_zps7e194ccc.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks, its a 9mm, Yea soon as I can get some trigger time with it an get a couple hundred rds or so through it, Its gonna be my EDC. Plus need to get me a holster for it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    One of the best semi autos ever made. I've been looking around for a 4006 for a good deal for quite a while.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013

Yea great gun got one of them myself. Even though I have Glocks I still love my 5906. I just want a new rear sight for it. When it was in service someone wasn't nice to it. Steel gun that is funny reminds me of my best bud that lives just down the road from you Scottburgian. The Paw lives in Swanville. Look at an old Indiana map you'll find it even Google might bring it up. Congrats on your metal pistol.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks fellas, one thing is for sure. You really don't read hardly any negative things about them. Other than maybe the weight of the pistol. But being as it is a metal pistol comes to be expected. Cannot wait to get it out this weekend an start practicing with it!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Good choice I had one but traded it. My wife then tells me she would of wanted it but she didn't speak up typical. I have the 4506, looking to get into collecting the whole 06 series sometime soon.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I think Id like to try an find the single stack version also. That would be a nice carry piece also I would say, being as it would be a pinch thinner.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I think Id like to try an find the single stack version also. That would be a nice carry piece also I would say, being as it would be a pinch thinner.

That would be the 3906. The 3913 is the single stack version of the 6906, both compacts. I love the 3rd gen S&W's. When possible, my daily carry is a 6946, double stack compact DAO model. The DAO models have a reduced trigger reach which fits my sausage fingered eastern European hands better.

Now you need to find a Marlin Camp rifle or a S&W version of the Keltec Sub2K, uses the same mags.

Last edited:

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I have a Model 59 (earlier version of yours). It's double stacked. The SA pull is very light on mine. Not a terribly ergonomic grip. When I first got the pistol, it was having some feeding problems. Took it to gunsmith (JM), and now it runs like a champ! This firearm is special to me, since it belonged to my step-father. He was a great man and am honored to have the gun.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    What snorko said. :) He's a good guy, knows his stuff as well.

The single stack 3rd Gen S&Ws are great carry pistols. I have two of the 3913LS models. Plan on keeping them! Yeah, They have "Lady" on them but who cares? I carry concealed.......:D They did make a non "LS" model, but I think they are even harder to find than the Ladies.

Enjoy your 5906. I've done a couple of INGO trades in Scottsburg. Nice little "in between" meeting spot.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    That would be the 3906. The 3913 is the single stack version of the 6906, both compacts. I love the 3rd gen S&W's. When possible, my daily carry is a 6942, double stack compact DAO model. The DAO models have a reduced trigger reach which fits my sausage fingered eastern European hands better.

Now you need to find a Marlin Camp rifle or a S&W version of the Keltec Sub2K, uses the same mags.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I may have to try an find of them now I know what model to look for :D

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    What snorko said. :) He's a good guy, knows his stuff as well.

The single stack 3rd Gen S&Ws are great carry pistols. I have two of the 3913LS models. Plan on keeping them! Yeah, They have "Lady" on them but who cares? I carry concealed.......:D They did make a non "LS" model, but I think they are even harder to find than the Ladies.

Enjoy your 5906. I've done a couple of INGO trades in Scottsburg. Nice little "in between" meeting spot.

Thanks, yea it seems most INGOers are more up north, but yea Scottsburg seems to be a good center point right off I-65

Top Bottom