• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    EASY solution. STOP voting for Liberal-loon democRATS.

Doubtful it would happen, he should pursue litigation for violation of 1A.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County

Why would this be a 1A violation? This is a private company that should have the right to accept/deny anyone on their own whim. I'm not saying that I agree with them, as a matter of fact, I think it is despicable...vote with your dollars.

Wouldn't be an issue in the "Republic of Bill".

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Shouldn't they change the name to Five Flags? After all, it is named Six Flags as a reference to the six national flags which have flown over Texas, one of which is the dreaded evil Confederate flag. Clearly a racist organization, they probably support the Washington Redskins.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Their business, their rules. Don't like it don't give them your money. It's just that simple. It's a silly thing to bar someone for, but it's their house. If it applies to bakers and wedding dress makers, then it applies to amusement parks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

The 1st amendment protects you from the government, not private companies. In the same way a bar can enforce a dress code, an amusement park can as well.

That said, the things people decide to make an issue about. Is it really so important that everyone at the amusement park who sees you gets the chance to read your t-shirt? Turn the t-shirt inside out or replace it and enjoy your day or get all offended, ruin your day, and go home. Who really loses in the end if you choose to huff off?

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    The 1st amendment protects you from the government, not private companies. In the same way a bar can enforce a dress code, an amusement park can as well.

I bet if someone wore a rainbow flag gay rights shirt and they said it offended heterosexual people so you can't enter with that shirt on, there would be a law suite. I understand your point about just change the shirt and have a good day, but will you really have a good day knowing that your core beliefs are being attacked by these people? Next thing you know they will have a no bumper sticker policy for parking there or other places. I can hear the parking attendant, "I'm sorry, the NRA is a gun organization and we don't want other people seeing it and getting the wrong idea that the 2nd amendment is still supported".

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

That said, the things people decide to make an issue about. Is it really so important that everyone at the amusement park who sees you gets the chance to read your t-shirt? Turn the t-shirt inside out or replace it and enjoy your day or get all offended, ruin your day, and go home. Who really loses in the end if you choose to huff off?

I agree with everything you say, however, if you look up the six flags dress code you will find that simply turning the shirt inside out is not allowed. So if he didn't have another shirt available, which most people wouldn't, then he had no options.

"Clothing with rude, vulgar or offensive language or graphics is not permitted, and shirts cannot be turned inside-out as a solution."

Top Bottom