• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    So I picked up a my first AK back in July and have been very happy with it. I have run around 500 rounds through it without any issues to speak of. I took it to a friends last weekend and ran about 100 rounds of tulammo through it to test function of some new mags. Put it in the safe and for the first time I let it sit without cleaning it within a day or so. Much to my surprise when I field stripped it the gas tube and the piston had some furry looking rust on them. Ammo was all bought at walmart and was marked non corrosive. Anyone else had this issue with tula?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I learned my lesson a few years ago shooting things like Brown Bear on my SKS. I let it sit for a few weeks before cleaning and it was a bear to clean. I always clean it within a day or 2 now w/o issues. For the record...I migrate to Brown Bear or similar if I can get it. I avoid Tulammo as I think I got a bad batch a few years ago and every time I try to shoot a box of it...I have a squibb and have to knock a bullet out of the barrel.

I haven't shot much Tulammo and probably shot other stuff at the same time...so I can't really say I've noticed more rust with it.

Top Bottom