• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Now before you get all freaked out and start PMing your favorite moderator, let me explain. I was having serious issues with my seat belts and EDC holster combo. In the truck my holster was just uncomfortable and a bit of a pain. In the car it was even worse. The seat belt was actually hanging up on my holster. Other times it would move under it and push on the barrel of my gun. I was a bit concerned it may manage to kick it out enough to expose the trigger. A long shot. However, getting shot in the leg due to a long shot paying off wasn't my idea of a good day. Nor would it be too intelligent since I knew the issue needed addressed. Plus I'm getting older, a bit wider and less flexible so it helps with those things as well.

Enter the rigid seat belt extender. It gets the buckle up where it's easy to reach and no longer hangs or tangles up on my holster. I bought a 2 pack for $35. I went with the rigid as I saw a simple extension as still being something I would have to dig around in the seat to get at. It works quite well and has eliminated the issues I was having. I thought I would share my experience as there be others it may help. Now for the pictures.

extention1.jpg

extention4.jpg

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I gotta say, I had unknown feelings when I opened this thread, but this sorta makes sense to me.. and I'm not sure why or even if it should, but that's a interesting way around the issue of getting hung up on your holster..

I'd imagine it changes the way the seatbelt fits on your body a little bit though..

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Good to know. Although a bit late for me. What do they consider late model?
    I'm not sure on what the cutoff is. I know when I worked at a Chrysler dealer, we had a box of each current color behind the parts counter. Rotund American physique sometimes doesnt fit in the standard seatbelt lol.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good to know. Although a bit late for me. What do they consider late model?

And will they give one up for free when its obviously not medically necessary? Like me and my 5'10 140lb frame... (I doubt it)

(Doesnt matter for me, I'm a lefty, so it is already out of the way. :rockwoot:)

FreeFAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I am a chief surgical resident and I am responsible for trauma surgery at Eskenazi and Methodist.

Let et me just say now that this product is dangerous. The lap belt must go across your pelvis. Letting it cross high over your abdomen puts you at risk of injuries to the pancreas and intestines, as well as your liver and spleen. We see this in people who do not wear their seatbelts appropriately, and I would expect an even worse injury in someone who uses such a product. Do not use this-- you do not want your pancreas injured, just take my word for it!

Find another way. I just keep mine holstered IWB even though it's slightly annoying at times. On long car rides I put noting my center console.

Top Bottom