• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I ordered online before I knew they were here in Indy. I'm presuming that since their address is on the website that they have some sort of store front.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I may have bought from them at the 1500. raw billet lower. If you go raw I'd recommend forged since the tooling marks need bead blasted away before finishing.

I'd highly recommend the 80% arms jig, using a router and drill press only. There are a few reviews in the gunsmithing section.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Lets say you are driving home from the range and pulled over and they see that you have rifle and want to check it. You agree to the search and they go to run the serial number but alas there is no serial number to run. Don't most cops then assume its illegal since most people are taught that if you destroy or remove a serial number it is automatically illegal to posses. How would this get handled and how would you prove you built it?

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    If there was no serial number to begin with, there was no serial number to be removed.
    Most law enforcement understand the laws surrounding this.

If for some reason they pressed charges, it should be an easy case in court.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    If there was no serial number to begin with, there was no serial number to be removed.
    Most law enforcement understand the laws surrounding this.

If for some reason they pressed charges, it should be an easy case in court.

^^ This. If the cop questioning you doesn't get it. odds are someone else at the station will.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    If I were going to sell it, I would buy a receiver, and put the parts on that.
    I would not try to ever sell an 80% receiver that I had finished.
    That is too much of a gray area for me.
    I guess I would keep it forever.
    Just IMHO and my :twocents:

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Anyone in possession of a firearm built from an 80% lower, needs to understand that, "they built it themselves."

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have built 5 ARs from anderson 80% lowers. all function fine and look good. I pinstamped a serial number in one of them just because i could. if i was ever questioned about it i have video and pictures of me milling them out on my mill in my garage on my time so i think im good.

imp22b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Greensburg, IN
    I recently ordered a pack of 80% lowers from 80-lower.com. They are decent looking with the exception of one thing I found. The front radius of the mag well has been machined partially off leaving a sharp edge on some. I plan on returning these due to that. I have already ordered some Anderson 80% lowers from Brownells that I should have on Friday.

Last edited:

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    My JMT lower arrives tomorrow. Already have my cross slide vice, and drill press will arrive tomorrow.

I won't get a chance to mill it out until next week, but I'm looking forward to it. My SOCOM upper, and lower parts kit, should be here in a week or two.

This is my first AR build!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I put serial #'s on my 80% lowers. Have no issue with it. If they get stolen, I'd like to have some way of identifying them... as if ROBBYMAQ or LT6 Pants Optional wasn't enough. I suppose if I lived in a different state than Indiana, I might care about serial #'s more than I do.
    I love Indiana. :D

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    Set up my milling vice today. Squared it all up to my newly built drill press. Only have the trigger and fire/safe holes drilled so far. I need to get a couple end mills.

I wish I could post the pictures of my current setup and progress. Maybe I will have enough posts to do so after its built.

Top Bottom