• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Seirra Nevada Arms did a Rocket Hub crowd source to start up his business.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/293214-$35-80%-ar-lowers.html

I invested and it looks like progress is being made. He now has 2 pro CNC machines and is expecting 22 pallets of aluminum to start fulfilling the investment orders. While he is waiting he has put up his website to start taking orders for future business and thought I would share since it is such a good price.
    80% AR-15 Lowers $49.95
    Jigs $49.95
    80% AR-10 Lowers $69.95 (Coming Soon)

Sierra Nevada Arms, 80% Lowers

Once he starts shipping I am sure he will update the pictures. He also said he plans on adding and the instructions for finishing them.

LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    I bought the 4 pack on rocket hub. I hope they start filling orders. I'm still a little iffy about the whole thing. I would tell anyone don't buy from the website until they start filling orders.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting design. If you like the magwell grip moulded into the receiver as it is, you can keep it. If you don't, you can just mill it off.
    If you like the lower trigger guard as it is, you can keep it. If you don't, you can just mill it off and mount a custom trigger guard.
    If you like the selector lever stops as they… Wait a minute. Where are the selector stops?

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Is Ponzi in the house?

At those prices you can buy an already finished lower!

You all are big boys and girls, so you can do what you want with your money.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Is Ponzi in the house?

At those prices you can buy an already finished lower!

You all are big boys and girls, so you can do what you want with your money.

What prices are you referring to? I see the original thread and see $25 lowers. You finding finished lowers at that price?

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    What prices are you referring to? I see the original thread and see $25 lowers. You finding finished lowers at that price?

You know how it is. If you say you were struck by lightning 3 times and survived, there's that guy that was struck 4 times.

And now I'm thinking of the movie, The Great Outdoors.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    ...While he is waiting he has put up his website to start taking orders for future business and thought I would share since it is such a good price.
    80% AR-15 Lowers $49.95
    Jigs $49.95
    80% AR-10 Lowers $69.95 (Coming Soon)

Sierra Nevada Arms, 80% Lowers

Once he starts shipping I am sure he will update the pictures. He also said he plans on adding and the instructions for finishing them.

These Ponzi prices above.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    These Ponzi prices above.
    I think someone is just jealous because I can't find any other company that sells these regularly on a website for less than $120. Even completed blemished lowers are not this cheap for some time now if ever.
    ...still no links

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Let's see if you all can understand this: from your post atalon Sierra Nevada Arms, 80% Lowers now if we click on that link and do some simple math;

80% lower + jig = $99

Let's mention that these items above are not even in existence and ready to ship!

Plus the time it takes to machine the lowers, paint or get them anodized. Oh and what if you screw up and make a bobo. now it's just a $0.50 piece of scape shame.

Sounds like you all have smarts and patience here are some recent auctions that just ended for some lowers;

AR 15 Lower Receiver Stripped, AR-15 AR15 AR15 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com (psst this seller starts them at $60)

AR 15 LOWER Receiver Stripped AR15 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com (don't look now but seller has one up for auction right now)

I hope nobody get's butt hurt here. But I much rather put my money toward something that exist and is ready to ship. These SNA 80% just seem like chicken lips and fairy dust to me right now. Hey it's your earned money, spend it how you like.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Those links are 100% complete stripped lowers not 80% lowers.

There are 2 main reasons for 80% lowers:

1. No Serial number to track (which is important to some people)

2. You are finishing it yourself. A lot of the work on these are difficult but this greatly decreases that and make it possible for the average garage mechanic to complete the work.

Personally I am going for #2 with the added bonus that I am going to put a serial # on them (for identification in case of theft) with the family name to be used as heirlooms.

If this is not something you are interested in then there is no need for you to get butt hurt and put down something that is not right for you.

And like I mentioned the prices for these are much better than any other 80% lowers I have seen. You can also split that jig cost between several lowers and several friends if they are going to do it as well.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    To each their own. I like lamp. Non-existent 80% lowers are useless. If this company on the other hand, has product ready to ship then that is a good deal for the DIY person.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about linking to an actual retailer actually shipping actual 80% lowers and jigs? Auction sites really don't do it for me for an apples and orangutans comparison. If I'm in the market to buy outright five 80%ers + jig, I really can't compare against singleton 100% auction listings.

Twin50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Crawfordsville
    I can't wait till they start shipping out....if it all pans out, those of us who took the chance got a pretty sweet deal on jigs and lowers.....was bs (o_O)....guess well have to enjoy the free lube....lol good thing credit cards help to protect against fraud. Time will tell which out come we get to enjoy

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Cant wait till I can just order one from them. I just like the satisfaction of making something myself. If it needs a finish, I see a project trying to make it look respectable. Also anyone can run out and buy a cheap no-name lower. It will work just fine, and be probably be just fine forever. I would rather put something interesting in the safe though. It would be nice if he came out with an upper just so they matched well. 100% upper would be okay.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Anyone taken delivery of any of these puppies yet? With HR2910, I expect prices to jump and availability to dump, even moreso than they already have been.

Govtrak predicts a 0 % chance of the bill making it out of committee or enactment. It only has 6 co-sponsors, all Democrats, 3 from CA, 2 IL and 1 from NJ. I wouldn't worry too much about it but it never hurts to keep an eye on it.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Still waiting...... last I read on their facebook page, they just got the aluminum and should be shipping by now or very soon. I'll check when I get home ( work puter wont let me on facebook ) I guess they think its a waste of time, but INGO isn't.

Top Bottom