• ...and so much more!
  • A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    An 82 year old man defending his life and his property going to jail and both the thieves get off free?
    What's wrong with this picture???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2DP-yrd4yA]YouTube - Obama Justice-Thieves Go Free, Victim Arrested[/ame]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Multiple arrests+probably ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS+admitted the crime+old white guy victim= TOTAL WIN FOR JUAN AND PABLO!!!!!! Whaddaya figure, new house, welfare, new car? They are (Paco Purple)obviously being racially profiled!!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    They are illegals, no wonder. the police wont go after them so they go after the AMERICAN CITIZEN!! Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. too bad the man did'nt kill them. if im going to jail for the rest of my life anyways, then im gonna make it count!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ah, Problem #2, just like Mr. Martin.

When you use a firearm against a fellow human being, just remember that there will be consequences.

From what was reported and given the location, I would think that the case would favour the defence. Let's see what happens.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    just another reason why not to talk to the police, detectives, prosecuters, etc. let your lawyer do the talking. throw a blanket over your head when they show up to the scene, that way they cant even see your emotions or lack there of to use against you in court later.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I think if the old guy had done the right thing, stayed in his house and called the cops, then none of this would be happening, 12 felonies might be a liitle to much but he shouldn't be shooting at people stealing property. Procecutor defiantly needs to charge the two guys who admitted stealing the trailer.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I think if the old guy had done the right thing, stayed in his house and called the cops, then none of this would be happening, 12 felonies might be a liitle to much but he shouldn't be shooting at people stealing property. Procecutor defiantly needs to charge the two guys who admitted stealing the trailer.

Yep, including owning a trailer, because the thieves would be long gone when the cop showed up 20 minutes later. Said cop would take a theft report, which would get filed in the "not that important" category, the trailer would never be seen again, and the bad guys win and profit AGAIN.

We have to draw the line somewhere. Apparently the current consequences of breaking the law are not enough incentive for the majority of criminals. Maybe knowing that going onto another persons property and attempting to steal may result in injury or death will get the point across.

ReSS

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Yep, including owning a trailer, because the thieves would be long gone when the cop showed up 20 minutes later. Said cop would take a theft report, which would get filed in the "not that important" category, the trailer would never be seen again, and the bad guys win and profit AGAIN.

We have to draw the line somewhere. Apparently the current consequences of breaking the law are not enough incentive for the majority of criminals. Maybe knowing that going onto another persons property and attempting to steal may result in injury or death will get the point across.

ReSS

Ok if you are willing to spend the rest of your life in prison over stuff that do what you think is right, I for one don't want to go to prison so I will call the cops, becoming a criminal is no way to fight crime.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    They used to hang horse thieves some time ago too. You steal a mans horse and you got hung by the neck. End of story.

Now... the thief gets to keep the horse, and the legal owner of the horse has to answer questions on why he needed the horse in the first place. Or worse, if he had not owned the horse in the first place the thief would not have been tempted to steal the horse. Maybe he had a bad childhood too?

Ohhh, and don't forget the owner probably did not have an environmental impact study performed for owning a horse. There are probably grounds for a willful intent charge to increase global warming too.

It's logic like this that is destroying the country. The lunatics are running the asylum.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Ok if you are willing to spend the rest of your life in prison over stuff that do what you think is right, I for one don't want to go to prison so I will call the cops, becoming a criminal is no way to fight crime.

he told them to stop (not criminal, it was his property)

they tried to run him over and kill him. He fired in self defense. (not criminal)

you go right ahead and get your stuff stolen and this and that, for fear of man and their backwards stupid laws. I will not be afraid of ANYTHING on my own property except from nature. I will kill to keep my family and myself and friends and our property safe. dont talk to cops, it the moral of the story here. all you have to do is create an ounce of doubt in court and you are free.

what good is it to rely on the law, when they dont do anything about illegals?? If they are illegal then prove they were here for one, and then find a body. thats all i gotta say about that.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    A man has a right to defend ones self and property. I would have shot them dead with a 12G. I need my trailer to make money to feed my family.

A few of you say just let the trailer go, what if they were stealing one of your guns, just let them go and call the police. I THINK NOT. You warn them then you shoot them.

Would take one hell of a jury to convict this man.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    He was inside his house when the crime started, you do not have the right to defend property with deadly force unless your life is also in danger.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Isn't a new Indiana law say you can take your firearm to prevent theft of property, if you feel while trying to stop it, you feel your life is in danger, you have a right to defend yourself with deadly force, an you no longer have to retreat, you can stand your ground.....?

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    :rolleyes: I think he did do the right thing but, the D.A. did the WRONG thing.Do you think the cops would shoot at you if they seen you running out of a bank after you robbed it and didn't stop when they told you to? After all money is just property right?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I don't know about that, but I this case the guy was in his house and went outside, he was not in danger before he put himself in danger.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    :rolleyes: I think he did do the right thing but, the D.A. did the WRONG thing.Do you think the cops would shoot at you if they seen you running out of a bank after you robbed it and didn't stop when they told you to? After all money is just property right?

If I was seen leaving a bank with no weapon and was shot by a cop for fleeing that cop would be in trouble, even the police can not shoot someone for stealing property.

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    My thoughts are if the people stealing the trailer wouldn't have done that. Nothing would have happened. The thieves started the 1st action which had a consequence. The 82 year old man was not looking for trouble. He was in his own house minding his own business. These 2 thieves who already have criminal records started everything. What's wrong with this world.

Top Bottom