• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I took apart my tac14 last night for a deep cleaning and noticed a burr has raised up inside the action. from what i can tell its from the locking lug pecking at it during the back stroke of the action. is this common? It has driven me insane all day just thinking about it and im ready to stone the burr out and maybe fix the cause if possible. 47386329_727019581012416_8455634860189417472_n.jpg

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    i removed the burr shown and was looking to see what caused it. on the threaded insert for the stock you can see where the very corner of the bolt assembly is slamming into it and there is a shiny line going across it. i took apart another 870 and when the bolt is in the most rearward position there is very little play. on the tac14 when the bolt is in the most rearward position there is quite a bit of slop. im thinking this is allowing the locking lug to bounce around and slam into the receiver roof.

also be careful running you finger around inside the receiver i have a ton of blood to clean up now.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    well im back to square one i shortened the receiver stud to keep it from slamming the bolt which needed done anyway but it hasnt helped the burr on the roof of the action.

Top Bottom