• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • npbrownf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Looking to modify mt 870 w/ a collapsible stock. Looking for suggestions that wont break the bank.:patriot:

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    ATI makes one for around $60 , Knoxx has a recoll reduction system for around $150 (? +) and I'm sure there are a 1,000,000 more ,goggle shotgun stocks or check out tatical shotgunner on here

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    +1 knoxx spec ops stock

Shot my buddys 870 with it on there, works great.

2 pieces of advice though. On eBay you'll run into knoxx NRS models for around 60 bucks. These are non recoil reducing systems, or some such thing. Supposedly you can upgrade them through knoxx/blackhawk for the difference in retail but don't know anyoje who has done it. Just know what you're buying.

Second thing...Natchez has spec ops recoil reducing stocks for 83 dollars, but you have to call. Website says 97 or some such thing.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    +1 knoxx spec ops stock

Shot my buddys 870 with it on there, works great.

2 pieces of advice though. On eBay you'll run into knoxx NRS models for around 60 bucks. These are non recoil reducing systems. Supposedly you can upgrade them through knoxx/blackhawk for the difference in retail but don't know anyoje who has done it. Just know what you're buying.

Second thing...Natchez has spec ops recoil reducing stocks for 83 dollars, but you have to call. Website says 97 or some such thing.

Last edited:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    In my opinion, the only one that puts the stock at the right height to still use the bead is the TCM.

Tactical Component Mfg. Tactical Stock Adapter Remington 870 Polymer Black - MidwayUSA

That said, I have long since gone back to the standard poly stock. and the ar stock adapters sit in a drawer.

This was my experience as well. Having owned several 870's and experimenting with leggoing them every different way my favorite stock is just a plain black nylon or barring that that wood. I like the Remington nylon and the plain Jane Speedfeed models. My favorite aftermarket add on is a six shot side saddle.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    This was my experience as well. Having owned several 870's and experimenting with leggoing them every different way my favorite stock is just a plain black nylon or barring that that wood. I like the Remington nylon and the plain Jane Speedfeed models. My favorite aftermarket add on is a six shot side saddle.

Yep.

My favorite setup, and my current setup is this buttstock with the R3 recoil pad

remington_870_express_black_sythetic_new_stock.jpg

And the speedfeed forend.

l_838150870_1.jpg

On a Remington Wingmaster from the 60s, with a cut down vent rib barrel, perfection. :)

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Im a big fan of the Mesa Tactical low tube stock adapter!

^^^^^^^
    This but they are not cheap, I had an ATI stock on my 870 and it was vary hard to get a proper cheek weld to use the factory bead sight. This is not the case with the mesa stock.

Last edited:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    My suggestion is to go by Tactical Shotgunner on Shelby st. They have a lot of options and you can actually hold all of them to get a feel for what you like. They are on this site and are great people to work with.

Top Bottom