• ...and so much more!
  • CaptainMorgan92

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Hey all...
    Fairly new here (As I'm sure my measly post count clearly indicates;)) and im also very new into the world of firearms... just picked up my mauser a few weeks ago and its my first rifle (I'm hooked now... already picked up a lee-enfield! haha) but anyways when the mauser is cocked the trigger feels gritty and rough... but when its not cocked it feels smooth as butter. Is there anyway to cure this without stripping the whole gun apart? I'm worried about doing that being as I am inexperienced and I don't wanna screw anything up.
    Thanks!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Completely disassemble the bolt, clean it and lube it. While it is out, you will see the trigger sear sticking up out of the rifle at the rear of the receiver. clean this and put a little dab of grease on it. On the rear side of it mostly.

Then for the next month, work the bolt briskly and squeeze the trigger at least 200 time per day. In other words, safely dry fire the rifle thousands of times and you will notice that it will start to smooth out.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Take apart the rifle and clean out the 75+ years worth of dirt and cosmolene. I wouldn't recommend dry firing her as the firing pins are not made of the robust steel of todays firearms.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Fire up google and you can find many disassembly tutorials. My best advice is PROPER FITTING SCREW DRIVERS!!!! Never use a screw driver that's too small for the head. Be patient and don't force anything, and you shouldn't hurt the gun at all. Good luck!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Since you are new to firearms, get someone to help you disassemble the bolt. Or find out how to online. And as for the trigger, that should help. But if you want a real light crisp trigger in it, I only have one word for you. Timney ;)

I've got a Golden State arms built custom Mauser in 30-06 that before the trigger I was getting groups of just over an inch at 100 yards. I really need to get out and see how it's doing now. I'm sure it'll be even better. This timney trigger is amazing!!

CaptainMorgan92

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I have already completely disassembled the bolt and cleaned it thoroughly. It was pretty gunked up in their when I got it. When I had the bolt out I had already cleaned the back of the sear with hoppes and put fp10 on it...

Top Bottom