9/1. How's about making it "Carry a 1911 day" in memory of Churchmouse?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I've been mostly pocket carrying an LCP II this summer. First it was for cycling only, but it just ended up being so damn convenient I stuck with it.

Maybe I'll make September 1 the day I switch mostly back to the 1911 for the year. We'll see. Either way I'll strap it on for that day.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Done and done.
    One question.......would it have mattered to Da' Mouse whether it's a 9mm or a .45?

I suppose I could carry both......as long as I'm not going anywhere near deep water!

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think I will break out a Colt just for CM. we had a few discussions on his admiration absolute hatred for the ponies.
    Spell check occasionally gets wonky at times. ;)

(For our newer INGOers) It doesn't come up anymore since his passing, but age-griefing Churchmouse was part of INGO lore like "the Boner Drone" and "The State Trooper stole my wallet." He was not the oldest here by far, but it became a tradition.

At a 1500 INGO Booth back in the day, a couple INGO folks stopped by CM was bashing Colts (the handguns, not the NFL team.) I said, "He only hates Colts because Sam Colt was such an ***hole in high school."

Dang pollen count...

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I'll be sure to get the Springfield out tomorrow. I'll also be sure to bring it to the NWI shoot on Saturday (though the DNR won't let me open carry).

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I think I will break out a Colt just for CM. we had a few discussions on his admiration for the ponies.
    LOLOLOLOL.. When I rolled by his Shop or the Plantation I always carried a Colt 1911 or a Python, we would be leaning on that Riviera behind the fence and I would hand one to him and ask what his opinion was of the trigger was.
    He would be mumbling about it being a F'ing Colt, I wouldn't own one of these POS...
    And then he would cock it and pull the trigger and most times do it again. He would hand it back while telling me to F myself every time...

Top Bottom