• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Gadsden

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I am doing an HK91 build. The barrel, trunnion, cocking tube, and lower are 922r compliant. The easiest way to finish putting the parts together would be to add a compliant magazine, but I can't find a magazine that fits my needs for various reasons.

Thermold mags fit the bill, but have a horrible reputation. I don't want to have to rely on them to be able to finish my rifle.

I don't want a drum magazine because just want to shoot from the bench and they are too expensive.

Can anyone help me out with 922r compliant HK91 magazines that I could use?

*EDIT- grammar

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    I for one use thermold magazines and have abused the hell out of them. I ve never been given any trouble by any of them. I even used one as a vise block to hold my ar in when working on it. i then also used said same magazine at the range and it functioned flawlessly....I think thermold got a bad rep a few years ago...but for the most part...they work wonders for me. As for the 922r mags....i havent seen replacements in ages simply because they are 3 bucks a mag for hk.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum... but knowing the ATF the fact that you have an HK 91 that is NOT complaint without the mags and having also non-us magazine will make it even to charge you with conspiracy since you have BOTH a HK91 and non-us mag so in theory you can put those non- us mags in your HK 91 anytime you want and BAM be not in compliance.

To error on the side of safety just make your entire build (minus mags) be on the complaint side and then it does not matter what type of mags you use.

Mr. Gadsden

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I don't own any HK magazines. I love my rifles too much to risk it.

That said, I should just not worry about it and drop the cash on a US flash hider, trigger and hammer.

Top Bottom