• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I have looked all over the web and in all of the books i know, and i cannot find data for a 9mm 147gr Montana gold CMJ ( copper metal jacket ), i was told that TMJ data was compatable but considering the base of the TMJ is metal and the base of the CMJ is a copper core i figure the copper is going to be much softer and react differently if i were to use the TMJ Data, I plan on using either Bullseye or Unique for this load, any help is greatly appreciated, and yes i did use the search function before creating this thread.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Montana gold bullets are brass jacketed. Cmj=complete metal jacket. I load the 124gr Montana gold using data for jacketed bullets. Great bullets by the way!

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Montana gold bullets are brass jacketed. Cmj=complete metal jacket. I load the 124gr Montana gold using data for jacketed bullets. Great bullets by the way!

Ok, I was a bit concerned because you can see the copper base so I didnt think ot would be considered a complete metal jacket.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    FMJ, TMJ, CMJ, "Fully-encapsulated", (Hornady's term)...the only real question is do the bullets have a true copper jacket or are they just plated?

From there, it's a simple matter of finding data for the weight and shape of bullet you're loading.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I think they are just plated, you can see the copper core at the base and the jacket that surrounds it, its especially obvious with since there montana gold's this is the first time I have ever attemtped to use them.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I think they are just plated, you can see the copper core at the base and the jacket that surrounds it, its especially obvious with since there montana gold's this is the first time I have ever attemtped to use them.

They are not plated. If they were plated, the outside coating would be uniform and without seams. The CMJ bullets from MG are a FMJ with a copper cup at the bullet base, I reloaded this very same bullet with FMJ loadings and it shoots very nicely. MG make their bullets for competition and heavily support the shooting sports.

Top Bottom