• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    what are all the 9mm carbine options on the market currently?

olympic arms
    bushmaster
    spikes
    hk usc conversion to ump
    keltec
    beretta
    hipoint
    just right (ati)

name some others and why they are a viable option opposed to building from scratch.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If you have a crap ton of glock mags... the Keltec might not be a bad option. They make a version that takes Glock mags.

I'm not sure how they shoot or how they perform though

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know the Beretta CX4 has been discussed here from time to time and was on your list. I have one and it is a terrific shooter. I love about everything about it. Ease of use, low recoil, ease of cleaning, truly ambidextrous (even easily swapped back and forth in a matter of seconds), repeatable performance, excellent finish...on and on...

The only major con is the price compared to some of the others and limited (and also high priced) accessories.

Mine would be one of the last firearms I traded or sold if it came to that...

:twocents:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I want something a bit more rugged than the keltec.

i also read that the oly's dont take kahn mags, and use a mostly proprietary system which is why i hesitantly ruled them out.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Build one.....Palmetto stripped lower, RRA upper and LPK and a Hahn mag block. You can put whatever furnature on it you choose. I stuck a RRA upper on an OLY lower with a Spikes mag block and it runs 100%.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My RRA has been 100% since the day I got it. It is a dedicated 9mm, so there is no switching uppers on this one, which is a drawback for some people.

DSC_0139.jpg

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    My RRA has been 100% since the day I got it. It is a dedicated 9mm, so there is no switching uppers on this one, which is a drawback for some people.

DSC_0139.jpg

Nice Que!! I'm jealous bad, that's one good looking carbine. I'm going to have to talk to my LGS and see how much a RRA dedicated carbine will cost me. :spend:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I know the Beretta CX4 has been discussed here from time to time and was on your list. I have one and it is a terrific shooter. I love about everything about it. Ease of use, low recoil, ease of cleaning, truly ambidextrous (even easily swapped back and forth in a matter of seconds), repeatable performance, excellent finish...on and on...

The only major con is the price compared to some of the others and limited (and also high priced) accessories.

Mine would be one of the last firearms I traded or sold if it came to that...

:twocents:

I agree with everything that was said here.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The Masterpiece Arms Cobra carbines are robust, reliable, and accurate. The Mech Tech is another great choice if you own a Glock and the Suomi with it's 72 round drums is very nice at $400.00.

Of all I have seen my first choice would be a HK 94...very pricey. A Uzi would come in second, again pricey. I love my Mech Tech, I started with just the upper but watched gunbroker for a while and snagged a complete 17 lower for $150 and now it is dedicated to the Mech Tech. Being able to use the same mags is a plus and the Mech Tech is both very accurate as well as very reliable.

Suomi...

suomi_4.jpg

Masterpiece Arms...

MPA20SST.jpg

Mech Tech...mine is a very early one, the new ones can be really dressed up...

mechtechcombo.jpg

Top Bottom