• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Freedom Ordnance FX-9. Made in Evansville.
    I have the 8 inch model. Prolly gonna buy the 16" upper if/when AFT's new rules screw us all.
    I have had zero issues with mine so far and it is very accurate.
    MSRP is $829, but they can be had cheaper. Bud's has them for $668.14
    Rural King lists them for $699.97
    Well not actually in Evansville, its Chandler, that’s their mailing city, but its 1/2 way between Evansville and chandler.

But I highly recommend the fx9! Got the carbine and I shoot it in steel challenge and idpa, its a little over what the op wants to spend, but it’s worth every penny!

I’ve know guys who have had problems with them, but freedom fixes them! The owner of the company will personally work on guns! In fact I’ve known people who will drive there and they’ll fix them while they wait! Even if your the second or third owner!.

Mike (one of the owners) is an awesome guy!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Don't hate, but I like my Sub 2000, takes grock mags, and shoots great, best get an offset red dot sight mount, because the stock sights suck... but mine has been reliable. There are some people using these in PCC matches (I don't know any, but have seen it on the interwebs, so it must be true) There are many aftermarket parts for these, plus it folds up and fits in a computer case, or backpack.....Ok, let the gun snobbery begin....

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So not a Glock mag user but +1 for the Beretta CX4 carbine. Yes it is goofy looking but it is very compact, uses readily available 92 series mags including factory 30 rnd, and is fully ambidextrous with L or R hand ejection. I rarely shoot it but when I do I love it. No recoil, accurate, and fun.
    The CX4 is an awesome little carbine!
    I wish Beretta would continue its development and modernization… I would love to see a updated side folding stock and threaded barrel option. The ability to use Glock mags would be cool but the availability of quality FS mags isn’t an issue so while it would be nice it’s not necessary.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's ok, he's a Packers fan.
    iu

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Don't hate, but I like my Sub 2000, takes grock mags, and shoots great, best get an offset red dot sight mount, because the stock sights suck... but mine has been reliable. There are some people using these in PCC matches (I don't know any, but have seen it on the interwebs, so it must be true) There are many aftermarket parts for these, plus it folds up and fits in a computer case, or backpack.....Ok, let the gun snobbery begin....
    Owned one in the past when they cost $395 new. It was reliable and accurate. Could not get my cheek weld down low enough to use the iron sights. Red dot fixed that, but had to be offset to allow the carbine to fold. Ended up selling it to get the FM carbine.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The CX4 is an awesome little carbine!
    I wish Beretta would continue its development and modernization...

My wife has one of these to match her Beretta 92...and LOVES it!!!
    I shoot it and I like it too...very mild recoil...very accurate...shoots 147 grain like there's no tomorrow...and magazines are compatible with her pistol!
    Beretta discontinued them for awhile, but have brought them back in 'as-is' configuration due to the current PCC wave...but I wish they had done a few mods to them to lessen the bulk of the stock they originally came with.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Can you tell I like PCCs? Here is the newest addition to the safe:

View attachment 225692

Marlin Camp 9. I will get it to the range on Friday. I had to wait for a new bolt buffer and spring which I got today.

Sorry to the opening poster, it doesn't take Glock mags.

Well done Marvin! Was that the one from the pawn shop in Merrillville? If so, you got it for a good price.

Mine will put five rounds into an inch at 50 yards. With a scope, of course. Be careful taking it apart. They can be challenging to get back together.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Well done Marvin! Was that the one from the pawn shop in Merrillville? If so, you got it for a good price.

Mine will put five rounds into an inch at 50 yards. With a scope, of course. Be careful taking it apart. They can be challenging to get back together.

Yes, from Pawn King in Merrillville. I've had it completely apart and back together again already. Looking forward to shooting it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yes, from Pawn King in Merrillville. I've had it completely apart and back together again already. Looking forward to shooting it.
    IIRC my uncle had or may still have one in 45acp. What magazines did the 45acp version use? I seem to think it used 1911 magazines but not sure.
    It's been 30+ years IIRC since I seen it.

Top Bottom