• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22collector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Warsaw
    While I don't shoot a 9mm (yet!), I have been picking up brass at the range. While sorting out other brass to give to a co-worker, I noticed three different markings on the 9mm cases - 9mm luger, 9mm parabellum, and 9 x 19.

Are these different versions of the same ammunition or are there real differences?:dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    They are all different. You should just give them to me for disposal :D

worth a try... but Dom is right, no worries.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    While I don't shoot a 9mm (yet!), I have been picking up brass at the range. While sorting out other brass to give to a co-worker, I noticed three different markings on the 9mm cases - 9mm luger, 9mm parabellum, and 9 x 19.

Are these different versions of the same ammunition or are there real differences?:dunno:

Those three are all interchangeable.

9x18mm, 9mm Makarov, 9x17mm, 9x21mm, 9x23mm, 9mm Bergman, 9mm Mauser, 9mm Kurtz, 9mm Corto, 9mm Long, 9mm Short, 9mm ultra, 9mm Glisenti, etc however are not interchangeable with those three.

wilbur352

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN
    You are ok, the ones you want to watch for are the 9x16? Not sure that is the lenght but there is a 9mm that is shorter. Also watch the primer pockets, I have had some issue with some of the military surplus brass. I do not remeber the stamping, but I am sure others here will know.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    If you find an unfamiliar casing make sure it isn't Berdan "berdamned" primed. Those will turn your depriming pin into a little lightning bolt shape. You can tell by looking down inside them and spotting the vent holes.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Those three are all interchangeable.

9x18mm, 9mm Makarov, 9x17mm, 9x21mm, 9x23mm, 9mm Bergman, 9mm Mauser, 9mm Kurtz, 9mm Corto, 9mm Long, 9mm Short, 9mm ultra, 9mm Glisenti, etc however are not interchangeable with those three.

How dare you forget 9mm Steyr!

Top Bottom