www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    AEAMMO

A site supporter and local. Shop is just off County Line Road in Greenwood by the Greenwood Airport.
    He is an advertiser here and posted to ignore his online prices. That accounts for "free" shipping. In store pricing is cheaper. I think he said he was selling cases of 9mm for $229? (says 239 on the web) Black friday deals all week.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    He is an advertiser here and posted to ignore his online prices. That accounts for "free" shipping. In store pricing is cheaper. I think he said he was selling cases of 9mm for $229? (says 239 on the web) Black friday deals all week.

$229 is a pretty good price. Cheapest 9mm I have seen is $0.23 a round. I would be hard pressed to replace reloading components for that price.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    $229 is a pretty good price. Cheapest 9mm I have seen is $0.23 a round. I would be hard pressed to replace reloading components for that price.
    No doubt. That is what I was paying pre-pandemic for Bobcat to do custom loads for me.

So a SOLID deal. I dont need any but I even considered going and buying a case.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana

I haven't reloaded any 9mm for several years So . . . . I haven't purchased any reloading components for quite some time. As I recall I was reloading 9mm for about 4 cents a piece. I still have several pounds of Titegroup that I purchased for $15 a pound +/-. Primers were in the $20 per thousand range. Brass was free as range pick ups.

So - a 50 round box of 9mm was less than $2. At 5 cents per round a thousand cartridges could be had for $50. Now they are $200+ ! ! !

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I haven't reloaded any 9mm for several years So . . . . I haven't purchased any reloading components for quite some time. As I recall I was reloading 9mm for about 4 cents a piece. I still have several pounds of Titegroup that I purchased for $15 a pound +/-. Primers were in the $20 per thousand range. Brass was free as range pick ups.

So - a 50 round box of 9mm was less than $2. At 5 cents per round a thousand cartridges could be had for $50. Now they are $200+ ! ! !

At those prices that would be $0.03 a round plus the cost of the bullet. There is time and resources tied up in casting and brass prep but I get where you are coming from. Of course I also remember WalMart being well stocked with $0.10 a round 9mm as well.

It had never really made much sense to reload 9mm. But having the ability shields a person from the hysteria a bit.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I'll buy your Tightgroup off you for $20 a lb, and your primers for $25 per thousand. That way you make money off it. :lmfao:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I saw a letter from Vista Outdoors yesterday. Starting Jan. 1 Alliant powder will be in limited supply and increasing in price 10%. Primers going up 5%. Ammo 1%-7%

If you have a little extra Christmas jingle I would buy some 9mm this holiday season.

Top Bottom