• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Hello all. Great active forum, so here goes my first post....
    Ok shot guns before..mainly dads ww2 p38 (still have 1944 ammo that shoots!) im old but not 50 yet...
    Got my permit
    In market last year to start my own collection..then ...
    Thought things died down on pricing etc..bt getting the itch..
    So as i will continue to wait for my le ar colt...hystaria, i am moving forward on my handgun..
    Want... Sig p226.. Basic but with right deal even another of many upgraded versions..
    Or to start as well the pro 2022..
    So i go to gander and to my surprise they have both.. But 100 over sig retail?
    649 for the pro and 1100 for the 226.
    Is this normal? Im ok at list all things considered but thought that was high.. I would appreciate some good suggestions that i can visit places or order from near fishers or indy that want a loyal customer? I did read the reviews as best i could. Am i off base at that price point?

Thanks to all for input..
    Regards

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Unfortunately here on the north side of Indy we have Gander Mountain pricing things way over MSRP, or we can take a long and worthwhile ride to the opposite side of the city and visit Bradis. You will save a lot of money over Gander, enough to way pay for the gasoline costs.

Even if you have Bradis order a firearm for you, it will still be cheaper to drive there, not to mention meeting a bunch of really nice people.

Gander is a nice place to get an idea on how a firearm feels in your hand, then contact Bradis to order one at a more reasonable price.

No, I am not receiving compensation for bragging about them... :D

You can also try KS&E on Pendleton Pike as they are a little closer, but a much smaller outlet and many times the smoke is so thick in there you won't be able to see the merchandise.

Check our advertiser listings as there are a couple of newer stores in the Fisher's area. Just that my brain is on freeze right now and can't remember their names, sorry.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That is WAY high. Not too long ago there was a link to a deal at Palmetto State (I think) for the Pro 2022 at $359.00. THAT was a heckuva deal.

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Thank you.. I just had a thought.i didnt notice but maye it ad nightsites? Still high though..

IfUDare01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Fishers
    I work in retail and what you just told him to do is what is putting all the retail stores out of business. Go try it out and then go buy it somewhere else. I do think you should support the small businesses, but don't do it at the expense of wasting peoples time. How often have I waited at a gun counter to see and purchase a gun and the guy before me didn't buy a thing. I just have mixed feelings on indykids suggestion. Sorry

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Interpon, I don't know if you've ordered a gun online before, but it is quite easy and painless. You'll just need to find a local shop that does ffl transfers. These should run between $15-25.
    That being said, I like to support local shops as much as possible, but not to the tune of a couple hundred bucks price difference for same product. Another benefit of ordering online is that there should be no sales tax (assumingthe REPUTABLE internet seller is out of state).

The downside being that you can't handle it before purchasing. ..

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    I work in retail and what you just told him to do is what is putting all the retail stores out of business. Go try it out and then go buy it somewhere else. I do think you should support the small businesses, but don't do it at the expense of wasting peoples time. How often have I waited at a gun counter to see and purchase a gun and the guy before me didn't buy a thing. I just have mixed feelings on indykids suggestion. Sorry

And this is why it's called shopping. Also if you don't like it, meet the price.

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Wow..this forum rocks..
    ALL great suggestions!, thank you..
    Yes i support local, yes i still like te advice given by all ....ps gander was pushthru to see counter and take a number....
    No never bought a gun before online or not...
    Again thanks for ALL the suggestions..
    I will also visit online sponsors and check them out as well... Trusted online suggestions appreciated as well.. Seems difficult to find many thatare not oos, or dont list prices..

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks!
    Hit all the ads here, no sigs i was looking..any suggestions for online? Trading post referenced...gunbroker...gun genie, ebay?.. Any way if i use these are they really new?
    Again advice appreciated or links

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Unfortunately here on the north side of Indy we have Gander Mountain pricing things way over MSRP, or we can take a long and worthwhile ride to the opposite side of the city and visit Bradis. You will save a lot of money over Gander, enough to way pay for the gasoline costs.

Even if you have Bradis order a firearm for you, it will still be cheaper to drive there, not to mention meeting a bunch of really nice people.

Gander is a nice place to get an idea on how a firearm feels in your hand, then contact Bradis to order one at a more reasonable price.

No, I am not receiving compensation for bragging about them... :D

You can also try KS&E on Pendleton Pike as they are a little closer, but a much smaller outlet and many times the smoke is so thick in there you won't be able to see the merchandise.

Check our advertiser listings as there are a couple of newer stores in the Fisher's area. Just that my brain is on freeze right now and can't remember their names, sorry.

Don't bother going to KS&E, they only had 2 guns in the case last weekend but did have most any ammo you wanted. I was in Bradis today and while they had more handguns (and even rifles) in stock, it was still slim pickins. Your best bet will be to figure out which gun you want,find someone close to you to transfer it and then find it in stock somewhere and order away. I would steer clear of buying at Gander unless you find a great deal. (Which is very doubtful)

CLR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Stuff at Gander Mountain is gouged to hell. Some LGSs have some guns and are selling for MSRP but I haven't been able to spot a deal in some time.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I have purchased weapons at Bradis and Plainfield Shooting Supply and had good experiences at both. Both are open Sunday and maybe 10-15 miles apart. You could call either and ask if they have the pistol you are interested in available. If they don't they may be able to tell you when they are expected in.

I know Bradis will order weapons they don't normally carry if you put a down payment on it. PSS probably would as well, but I don't know for sure.

We are blessed with good gun shops here in Indy. There are several others and several are listed toward the bottom of the forum. I have just mentioned those I have purchased guns from.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Since you're living in Fishers, look at indygunsafety. It's a small LGS that is open on Sundays. I don't believe they keep Sigs in stock, but they will gladly order one for you from their distributor. I've bought two guns from them, now trying to convince the wife that I need a long rifle (or two or three) from them to protect ourselves from the occasional coyote that might wander into our yard.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville

What's putting retail stores out of business is not being competitive with the market. There is no reason that Gander should charge more than a small operation. They have considerably more buying power and should be able to be more price competitive. After all, Walmart didn't rule the world by charging more than smaller stores.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Just got a 2022 from imactguns for 430 with tax and ffl it was 476 out the door. great gun would not trade it for a 226.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I've read conflicting reports on Bradis' own threads about whether they will order something right now. Unfortunately, the environment is such that no one is taking orders. YMMV, ie. if you are a regular, they might do it. Read some of the threads on Bradis' forum area. Good luck at PSS too. Suppliers are out of stock and they are just happy to get something right now.

Top Bottom