• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Noblesville
    hey guys, just wanted to bounce some idea off you all.

Just shot some reloads from my g34, 1.05 OAL, 3.4g titegroup 124 LRN. Most of these FTE, i loaded low on purpose to test functionality. These work fine in an sr9c, so it may be the slow load causing the keyhole. Not sure. That's the first question.

2nd. I'm growing a bit weary of titegroup and am wondering what you all use for good 9mm lead loads. i've seen a lot of w231 being mentioned. Would love to have something that shoots well out of the g34 if anyone has experience with that. Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Keyholing and FTE are both symptoms of a low charge. I can especially see this being the case in a longslide like a 34. Bump up the charge and see what happens.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    that makes sense. I'm hesitant to run much more titegroup in fear of leading, though. Anyone have experience with it in 9?
    If you are going to cast and run a glock, get an aftermarket barrel. Leading in polygonal barrels is a debatable thing. Some people get huge amounts of leading after 20 rounds, others more.

best to be safe and get a traditional land/groove barrel. The leading comes from the barrel swaging the bullet in polygonal rifling, and it is best to be safe than sorry. Spend a hundred bucks, and call it a day :)

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Noblesville
    If you are going to cast and run a glock, get an aftermarket barrel. Leading in polygonal barrels is a debatable thing. Some people get huge amounts of leading after 20 rounds, others more.

best to be safe and get a traditional land/groove barrel. The leading comes from the barrel swaging the bullet in polygonal rifling, and it is best to be safe than sorry. Spend a hundred bucks, and call it a day :)

i was going to look into that. I've seen some traces on the sr9c, however, so i was going to look into a cooler powder in addition to a new glock barrel.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom