• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Anybody have any insight into an SBR 9mm AR? It seems to me that the SBR (10" or less) would be the best course of action with a 9mm AR unless one loaded their own cases for rifle duty. I was thinking this kind of setup with a decent can would be a good first step into Class III. Thoughts?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm expecting my stamp anytime for mine, I'm going 10.5", and with a can should be about the size of a 16" carbine. I've read you can't get much more umph from a 9mm past a 5" barrel though.

Sounds like a fun first to me, that would be cheaper to shoot and quieter than a 5.56 suppressed. They're a blast to shoot, I've ran mine at Friday Night Steel and loved it!

If you're going to build it, check out the DDLES dedicated lowers, they're sweet!

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    IMG_20120907_175634.jpg

Highly suggest you go that route. Im running a 7.5 barrel with a gem tech multimount. Using a non-field stripable adapter (think the brand starts with an h, but don't remember for sure).

Thing shoots like a dream and is stupid quiet.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    that DDLES lower isnt a bad deal either. was expecting worse. the BCG is a bit pricey, but these days not too bad. looks like an awesome way to go - esp. with some 33rd 9mm mags!

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    You guys' pics are pretty much what I was imagining. Glad to hear so many positive reviews. Ill definitely start to ramp up research. Any feedback on any of the parts used is appreciated.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I hope to have the stamp for my 10.5" Rock river 9mm AR within the next month. Sept 11 will be 6 months from my first pending date.

beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    I recommend the SWR Octane 9 HD-2. User serviceable, and you can use it on your 22LR and 300blk subsonic as well. Great 1st can.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    My DDLES is 5.85" barrel. Great out to 75 yards or so

I would not buy from DDLES, they have a substantial back log, and I sent my SBR to them to look at because it would not cycle, on their suggestion, and Jon did not look at the gun for 3 months, so I told him to ship it, and it took me nearly a month to get him to answer the phone and then and get them to send it back. Some are on wait for over a 1 year on parts they "said" were in stock. Never again with DDLES for me,

I would go elsewhere.

Last edited:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.

I would not buy from DDLES, they have a substantial back log, and I sent my SBR to them to look at because it would not cycle, on their suggestion, and Jon did not look at the gun for 3 months, so I told him to ship it, and it took me nearly a month to get him to answer the phone and then and get them to send it back. Some are on wait for over a 1 year on parts they "said" were in stock. Never again with DDLES for me,

I would go elsewhere.

Dang! That really sucks! That is one good looking lower though! Did you get it running?

And since everyone is posting pics, here's mine as it sits now,

null_zps998c65e7.jpg

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I like the ones that are around 5-7" that you guys are showing me. LLDJR, that one would look sweet with a can.

FordMan79

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    LLDJR, What kind of stock do you have on that?

I would go elsewhere.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    revsaxon, what brand barrel? I have been looking around for 7.5" 9mm barrel myself.

I honestly couldn't tell you. That entire upper is a Gem-tech Talon, so its whatever barrel they were using the day they built that batch.

I just checked and couldn't find any distinguishing markings on it, so im going with.... gemtech brand.

Top Bottom