• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    West Side
    Fairly specific request, but I'll open it up to the group for feedback...

I would like opinions on the "best" 9mm suppressor for an SBR, I would prefer something with an HK 3-lug mount or similar for ease in removing/attaching the can as it will be recessed into my rail.

AAC makes one that looked pretty nice. Thoughts?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Gemtech Multimount, love mine. I'm looking really hard at the Liberty Mystic X, but not sure if you can get a 3 lug for it yet.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    If I was getting a 9mm can and it was my only one, I'd pick one of the SilencerCo offerings.

Huntertown is the last company I'd purchase from for any suppressor. There's a reason Silencer Shop has ceased carrying the Huntertown brand. Just a quick Google search of Huntertown customer service will reveal numerous threads of dissatisfied customers. Try getting ahold of them, just don't hold your breath.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have a Tirant 9 on order that I want to use as a pistol can and an Eco 9 that I plan on using as a carbine can. Been looking into 3 lug mounts too.

There's a lot of Tirant vs Octane vs Osprey threads on the internet, all seem pretty close.

Seems though if you want a 3 lug, Tirant, Evo, or the Multimount are the way to go

I'm curious on this too though

FAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    NWI
    I have the Octane 45 that I use on my semi 9mm MP5 clone. I bought the 3-lug for it and love it.

I have one inbound so I can't speak to it, but I don't think you can go wrong with the AAC TiRant 9 either. It comes with a $200 rebate and they're on sale at the moment at most places.

I'd stay away from HTA for now until they either get their stuff straightened out or go out of business. It's going to be one or the other, and I say that as someone with more than 1 of their cans.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The YHM with a 3 lug is worth looking at. I have the slightly older Wraith but have tried the Wraith XL. The tone is deeper on the XL.

Thumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    West Side
    Gemtech Multimount, love mine. I'm looking really hard at the Liberty Mystic X, but not sure if you can get a 3 lug for it yet.

I was also looking at the multi-mount, need to do a bit more research on it though. Have you ever had an instance where the body of the can began to unthread from your adapter end piece?

Thumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    West Side
    What is your budget?

I want a quick attach/detach suppressor for an SBR, what's a budget? :cool:

On on a serious note, I'm willing to spend money to get what I want, but I'd like to stay below $1000 if possible. Are there many 9mm cans too much pricier than that?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I was also looking at the multi-mount, need to do a bit more research on it though. Have you ever had an instance where the body of the can began to unthread from your adapter end piece?

Yup! It never unthreaded during use, but sometimes will stick to the adapter and unscrew. Mine is a 2010 model, which is not suppose to be user servicable. I take the baffles out of the back every once in awhile and clean them and stick it back together with a little blue lock tite. One of these days I'm going to get the suppressor jail broken so I can take it apart the correct way.

Thumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    West Side
    Yup! It never unthreaded during use, but sometimes will stick to the adapter and unscrew. Mine is a 2010 model, which is not suppose to be user servicable. I take the baffles out of the back every once in awhile and clean them and stick it back together with a little blue lock tite. One of these days I'm going to get the suppressor jail broken so I can take it apart the correct way.

Good to know, appreciate the info!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I have a TI-Rant 9mm. Lots of research and advice from Jared led me to it. One of those, "dry" cans. I can barely tell a first round pop. Easy to service and clean. When I bought it, no 3 lug adapter exhisted so I had to 1/2x28 it. I compared it to my gemtech alpine .22lr expecting significantly inferior results. My face cracked a unbelievably wide smile when it sounded just a tad louder than the .22. HIGHLY recommended!! If you wander near Fishers IN and want to take a look, I can meet to show you one if of your LGS doesn't have in stock.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I have an AAC Tirant 9 on the way from Silencer Shop. Right now you can get one for $399. They'll ship it with one mount of your choice. You can also get the AAC $200 online store credit if you buy before the next year. Then you could buy some more mounts or other stuff. It's a great deal.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    Gemtech multimount is very good. I use mine on my xd-m and beretta cx4 in 9mm. No complaints whatsoever. You can get the HK 3 lug adapter you referenced.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    I would also consider the Griffin Armament Revolution 9 if you like the features of the SilencerCo Octane and 3-lug compatibility is important to you. It is far and away the most versatile pistol suppressor while sharing many of the features of the Octane.

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/griffin-armament-revolution/

I own an Octane 45 HD and really like it.

The Griffin and Octane would be my top choices, followed closely by the TiRant.

Thumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    West Side
    I get that customer service is an issue, that being said what about the performance of the huntertown?

It's the only 9mm can I've fired, so I don't have anything to compare to really. I've fired factory 115 and 124 grains through a G19. It wasn't as quiet as I'd hoped (not sure what I really expected), but it for sure made a difference. I think if I had some sub-sonic loads it would obviously be even more noticeable.

So far, I have no complaints for the price point. I'm hoping to get into a higher echelon of performance with my next 9mm can.

Bottom line, if you're looking to get into a 9mm can for a price that's hard to beat, Huntertown is pretty decent, especially as a local company.

Top Bottom