• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Trying to figure out the best way to handle this. I like both and they have specific uses.

The problem is carrying both at the same time. I have the glock on my right leg and the sig on my left. I'm getting confused during mag changes and I have also force fed the wrong gun and mags into the wrong spots. My mag set up is 9 mm on the side with the 45 and 45 on the 9mm side. What the real problem is I keep the extra mag for the same gun in the mag carrier that is next to the leg holster.

I have overcome the light issue. I just carry one and will place it on the gun I have drawn. Mastering getting out of the car or truck was not hard.

Ingo, help me out.

Last edited:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Trying to figure out the best way to handle this. I like both and they have specific uses.

The problem is carrying both at the same time. I have the glock on my right leg and the sig on my left. I'm getting confused during mag changes and I have also force fed the wrong gun and mags into the wrong spots. My mag set up is 9 mm on the side with the 45 and 45 on the 9mm side. What the real problem is I keep the extra mag for the same gun in the mag carrier that is next to the leg holster.

I have overcome the light issue. I just carry one and will place it on the gun I have drawn. Mastering getting out of the car or truck was not hard.

Ingo, help me out.
    my suggestion would be
    less guns, more mags.
    do you normally carry two guns?
    which one is the back up?
    pick the one you shoot best, leave the other at home, carry more mags.
    think about a pocket pistol as a back up.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think you need more.

800px-BSTheDuke.jpg

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Skip the extra mags and go solidly for extra guns. Why waste all that precious space for silly extra mags when you can just carry a fresh weapon in it's stead! Texas Reload, I believe? :D

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Skip the extra mags and go solidly for extra guns. Why waste all that precious space for silly extra mags when you can just carry a fresh weapon in it's stead! Texas Reload, I believe? :D

Obviously this is the right answer. Carry many different guns in many different calibers, so no matter the situation you will have the right tool for the job. I suggest a shoulder holster on each side, one with a .50AE, and the other with a 10mm, one cross draw 357mag, one IWB appendix carry 9mm, one stongside .45acp, a thigh holster for the .40sw, a 380 in an ankle holster, and one of those 22lr revolver belt buckles.:draw:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If your backup needs an extra clip your pretty much screwed anyways. If I carry a backup I usually dont carry an extra clip for it.

I carry all kinds of loaded clips......when I carry my Garand. Though I've never carried a Garand for a backup.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

This is the only proper answer. I practice this for real. No purple.

One time someone I trust asked me if I was carrying a gun. I said, no, I am carrying three......

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I like to carry 5 guns. That way a lawyer can't say I didn't follow the force continuum.

If I feel like I am being mocked. I will draw my Nerf Dart Gun and attempt to stick a dart to said mocker's forehead. That generally defuses the situation, right there.

Should this not work, and the individual is now speaking to me with seriously hateful words, I counter his forceful words with something I learned with force on force. I hit him with some airsoft rounds. Now he knows I mean business.

If the individual proceeds to taunt me a second time. I will pull out my NAA 22 LR revolver from deep concealment (you don't want to know) and proceed to convince him otherwise, as the .22 LR rounds give him a serious rash.

By now, the individual has moved up to a deadly knife, so I switch to my 9mm to give him one last chance and unload on him. Being that the 9mm is wimpy, it will merely give him time to think about changing his ways, much like a girly man gently slapping his chest.

This is good, because I carry my .45 in Condition Butterscotch. So I will assemble my weapon, while he contemplates if he wants to continue attacking me.

Now I have a .45 and he is continuing the attack. So I would shoot. And then, as I am considerate in my carry, take out my dust pan and small broom. I will clean up the small amount of dust that was left when the 45 vaporized him. (It is much like what happens with a staked vampire. Truly impressive to see.)

I used to carry a .40 Glock, instead of the .45, but I was returning fire on a robber in a 7-11 and it kaboomed and brought the whole place down on our heads. Don't worry though, the fire marshal thought it was a gas explosion. :yesway: That wasn't really possible, because I had not consumed Taco Bell that evening. :dunno:

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Keep your life a bit simpler and carry one gun and more mags. If you feel the need to have a backup gun I would stick with a small 9mm that is IWB with one to 2 mags max on your person. Carrying two guns with both having mags is a recipe for disaster!

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Have you considered carrying a smoke grenade? That ought to give you a bit more time to sort out your reloads should it become necessary.

I would also recommend a "pimping" sword cane and if you can rig up a small crossbow on your forearm you should be good to go.

Top Bottom