• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I played with one of these @ H&H in Fort Wayne a couple of weeks ago...it felt good in my hand (I have small hands and currently own a G-32). I want one...but was not willing to pay H&H's price...they're just a little bit too high priced for me!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Great gun and a blast to shoot! I have had a Walther p22 for several years now and I love it, but I actually think I like the way the ISSC feels in my hand better the more I shoot it though. I will probably have to end up getting one too. :D

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Do you also remember his gun(the 22) jamming about every other round? I took a video of the guy shooting his suppressed .45. its ridiculously cool.

again, this gun at FNS wasnt eating whatever he was feeding it.

There was one being shot at FNS on the 14th. I know that Frank, Cwood and I all at first thought it was a G18 :). We still didn't know it was a 22 until like the second or third stage.

If the guy is an INGO user you might be able to get some more insight from him on it as well.

I was too impressed with the dude that had the surpressed .45 :D

Sorry late to this thread, I was the guy with the M22. It ran great the first 2 stages but then I ran out of CCI Mini-Mag round nose and had to switch to Mini-Mag hollowpoint.

I had the great guys at Beech Groove Firearms order me a M22 late last month. I also picked up more mags from CTD. Out of the box, I had a flawless first 100 rounds down the gun when I shot CCI Mini-Mag round nose. But from my next range session, I knew that it didn't like the Federal, Armscor, and Winchester high velocity hollowpoints and would cause a specific misfeed. But going into FNS, I was hoping the combination of me polishing the feed ramp and keeping it Mini-Mag bullets, even though they were hollowpoints, would prevent the misfeeds, but it didn't. The specific misfeed I get is where the round will hit the top of the chamber or even above it. It apparently has something to do with the bullets shape since it happens primarily with hollowpoints and never has happen with Mini-Mag round nose.

After those misfeeds on the clock I would clear those malfs and then a couple times when I went to shoot with the new mag I had a failure to fire with the first round which would also at that point fail to extract the live round. However I think I have both of those failures sorted out.

If you are getting failure to fires with your M22 check that your decoker is fully up! I was actually inducing the failure to fires on the slide rack. I've found that as the decocker rotates down a little bit and the hammer block comes up just enough to cause light strikes. One of my misfires from FNS had a very light strike impression on the round. When I racked the slide under stress I was moving the decocker down to where the hammer was still fully cocked but the hammer block was up enough to cause misfires. I'm considering removing at least the right side decocker if not both now to prevent these.

The failure extract was I think a combination of a dirty extractor and those rounds being pushed harder into the chamber by the hammer strike, albeit a light one. I put a couple of drops of CLP in the extractor and moved a little with my finger at FNS and since then I can't replicate the failure to extract with dummies (haven't shot it since then). But FWIW I also can't replicate the misfeed problem with them either.

I'm planning to shoot my M22 this weekend. I still haven't found Mini-Mag round nose again around Indy but I'm going to try Winchester Wildcat and Remington Thunderbolt lead round nose in it. I've had bad luck in the past with the Remington Thunderbolt is semi-autos in the past (P22 HATED them), but figured I'd check. I'm also going to try CCI SGB, Velocitors, and Stingers while I'm at it.

Besides for the Remington Yellow Jacket truncated cone hollowpoint, everything that ISSC recommends is round nose profile (Mini-mag, Blazer, Federal Game Shot 810). The Winchester Super X round nose I have tried in it has a slightly different profile than other round noses and has caused that misfeed. If it turns out you have to run round nose high velocity to get the M22 to not misfeed, I can live with that even though I probably have a few thousand hollowpoints on hand right now. I'm rooting for the Wildcats come through since you can pick those up pretty cheap in a brick and seemed like they tend to be more reliable than the Thunderbolts. I think a couple of the .22 shooters in our squad were using the Wildcats in their Rugers without problems

When the M22 has ammo it likes it seems a lot more reliable than my P22, when it doesn't, it is worse than the P22. Overall I think the M22 feels better and has more solid construction. So for it seems like Glock 26 holsters fit it, I used my Fist K4 Glock 26 IWB for FNS but I'm probably going to get an OWB and some mag holder for it if I continue to run it at FNS.

Thanks for the fun at FNS!!! I should have the M22 sorted out for next month and then I'll add my next .22 problem child, the Armscor AK22. Yeah, the suppressed .45 and even his buddy's Sig 522 suppressed were pretty cool.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom