Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    I currently own a Glock model 22.
    I am looking for a good bug.
    Any suggestions?
    I am thinking a .32 0r a .380.
    Please add your opinions.smaller or larger caliber.

Last edited:

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    I really like my Beretta 3032. At 25 feet I can put all seven in a 5 inch target with no problem. It has never failed to feed or eject. Fits in a pocket holster well. It is my favorite CCW gun.

Jim

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I go with the 9mm pf9 or the 380 P3AT both by Kel-Tec
    Your mileage may vary, but I find the 380 fits in my pants whilst the 9mm fits, but is just too bulky and ends up in a holster on my ankle most of the time.
    I've found both guns to be acceptable as a backup. When I go backpacking this fall the PF9 Will go as my primary.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I carry a Glock 36 with +1 grip extenions as an EDC and a Kahr CW45 as a BUG. After some work the CW45 is now flawless, but at other times I carry a Kel-Tec P40 as a BUG.

MadCity Hoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Greencastle
    That Glock 22 is your backup gun (unless you're talking about CC away from home). A good AR-15 or similar carbine/rifle would make a good primary.

"Handguns are truly at thier best when they are used to fight your way to a rifle. A rifle you shold not have put down in the first place. Play with handguns--fight with rifles."

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm a fan of the P3AT. I don't consider the baby Glocks to be small enough.

Or, if you want your backup gun in your car/truck, get a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in .40 with Glock Mags. Not quite a rifle, but close. :)

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    well i hate to say it but i would not go with A KEL TEC ever unless u just like to guess about where a bullet will be going and want to scare ppl with a little boom. if i where i would prob go with a springfeild xd

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    went to the range with my 38 sp and kel tec . thought after shooting i forgot how to shoot onlt hit the target 1 time with a full clip so used my 38 didt miss once decided never to shoot another kel tec and sold it for a 100 bucks so i didnt have to look at it anymore

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    went to the range with my 38 sp and kel tec . thought after shooting i forgot how to shoot onlt hit the target 1 time with a full clip so used my 38 didt miss once decided never to shoot another kel tec and sold it for a 100 bucks so i didnt have to look at it anymore

Heck I woulda bought from you for a 100 bucks...then again, maybe not if you use a clip...mine has a magazine

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

So because you are a bad shot with a gun you blame the gun:dunno:, I'm a much better shot with my P3AT then my .38 snubbie

Top Bottom