• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You "never blame the victim" people and your rape fantasies....weird.

Go ask a woman who has been raped whether she wishes she had taken a safer route home that night, whether she wishes she had stayed with a group, whether she wishes she had stayed more alert, whether she wishes she had been armed.

Are there reasonable things that can be done to lessen your chances of being a victim? If the answer is "yes", pointing that out is both logical and, numb nuts, HELPFUL. No one "blames" a rape victim, but if we don't look at what could have been done to be safer, we're idiots, more committed to a political position than we are to the actual safety of women. It's almost like these people think that allowing preventable rapes is preferable to talking about mistakes and prevention.

Prosecute the criminal, but make note of the mistakes of the victim and learn from them.

Likewise, and I'll say it a third time, I don't know whether precautions here were reasonable. I don't trust reporters to get it right, so I don't know how this happened. However, to BLINDLY take the position that a "gun community" guy can never make a mistake, can never be more secure and, even if he can....FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T TALK ABOUT IT! That, to be charitable, is not helpful. If we do not police ourselves, someone else will.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can't believe all the people who don't know what I mean about military grade weapons and are comparing these stolen guns to para cord and shovels. These are actual assault rifles, the media will have a hay day if one of these turn up in crime. You people and your low level of intelligence are what give gun owners a bad name. I have an opinion that differs from yours, so what. It doesn't mean you have to ridicule me. I bet you guys wouldn't have the courage to say some of those things to my face, but it's cool keep hiding behind your computer screens. It doesn't bother me too much because most of he ridicule came from people with 1000+ posts. A little advice guys, GET OUT FROM BEHIND YOUR COMPUTERS AND DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE!!! (Using too many explanation points doesn't really give anyone a head ache, BTW). There is a big difference between reality and this forum. I am one of the biggest second amendment people you will ever meet, it's even tattooed on my back! I own more firearms than everyone on this tread combined. You guys are a bunch of armatures, keep laughing at my posts indyvet, you just lost busine$$.

I understand he is a big part of this forum and you guys think you should stick up for one of your own but Profire screwed up big time. Andrew is a victim because of his own laziness and ignorance. Facts are facts, this guy should definitely loose his license as he has demonstrated he is not responsible enough to play with big boy toys. In my opinion his malfeasance should be punished with something more harsh than loss of license. Why is it that when a child finds a gun that is not secured properly and kills someone with it the parent is held responsible? How is this situation any different? You people that are blindly taking his side should exercise a little common sense, no wonder this country is in the shape it's in.

I love this guy! Can we keep him?

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy
    I'm having a hard time understanding how there can be so many on here that will say and believe "Complacency kills" in every aspect of owning/handling a firearm except when it comes to storing them in a trailer. There absolutely should not be legal repercussions or loss of license for being the victim of a crime either. The local 2A community should be a little outraged and a little forgiving here. Outraged, because this is exactly the kind of situation the gun grabbers have been waiting for (we're not responsible enough to keep these things from getting into the wrong hands.) Forgiving, because we've all been complacent before. Hindsight being what it is, I'm sure we can all agree that the trailer was a soft target. Sitting in a garage somewhere may not have actually made it more secure, but it gives it the appearance of being more secure. Perceived security is every bit as important as actual security. They've probably gotten away with loading it up and leaving it there dozens of times and didn't think much of the risk of someone simply taking the whole thing. I'll continue to support Profire through this difficult time and hope they learn from this experience.

And the rape comparisons :ugh: c'mon guys we're better than that. Completely inappropriate and not relevent

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Andrew sent me a PM, or someone using his account, telling me the BATFE would be in contact with me since I posted the list of missing items here in this Forum Thread a couple of days ago. Of course the list came from a story on the WISH-TV website, and certainly not any firsthand information. Anyway, it seemed a little threatening, not sure what the point of it was but there it was. I just thought it was strange. I have never met the guy, and I have never been in his place. He seems to have a lot of friends here that are standing by his side and are willing to vouch for his "OK-ness"...I got a different first impression. I hope this works out where the bad guys are in jail, the guns, ammo, suppressors, and other gear is fully recovered. I hope the BATFE doesn't suspend his FFL or revoke his Class III permission...but I know a couple of gun shops that have lost their FFL for seemingly minor incidents. BTW I have not heard from anyone.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    And the rape comparisons :ugh: c'mon guys we're better than that. Completely inappropriate and not relevent

Ditto.

At such a time as it comes out that the owner or employees of profire had someone elses genitals forcibly or nonconsensually inserted into them, I will give them the deference due to a rape victim.

Until then, they are the victims of a commercial theft.

Ask any real rape victim how they feel about some people on here analogizing the two...

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, I DON'T BLAME PROFIRE FOR THIEVES BEING THIEVES, I BLAME THEM FOR LEAVING VERY DANGEROUS ITEMS OUT WHERE BAD PEOPLE CAN EASILY GET THEM.

BINGO!!

There are 2 responsible parties here.

1. Thieves are thieves. They are responsible for their illegal actions. Thieves can hit anyone at any time. Even the best security measures will only slow down the most determined thieves.

2. However, leaving sensitive items unattended and relatively unsecured brings some level of responsibility on the owner(s). Maybe it was a careless employee. Maybe Andrew wasn't even around. But the responsibility for poor storage/security falls on Profire as a whole.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Andrew sent me a PM, or someone using his account, telling me the BATFE would be in contact with me since I posted the list of missing items here in this Forum Thread a couple of days ago. Of course the list came from a story on the WISH-TV website, and certainly not any firsthand information. Anyway, it seemed a little threatening, not sure what the point of it was but there it was. I just thought it was strange. I have never met the guy, and I have never been in his place. He seems to have a lot of friends here that are standing by his side and are willing to vouch for his "OK-ness"...I got a different first impression. I hope this works out where the bad guys are in jail, the guns, ammo, suppressors, and other gear is fully recovered. I hope the BATFE doesn't suspend his FFL or revoke his Class III permission...but I know a couple of gun shops that have lost their FFL for seemingly minor incidents.

Just have the article saved that you got the info from. Given how much attention is being paid to the investigation I imagine they are picking through every detail that they can. Like was mentioned earlier, criminals are notoriously bad at keeping secrets. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Andrew sent me a PM, or someone using his account, telling me the BATFE would be in contact with me since I posted the list of missing items here in this Forum Thread a couple of days ago. Of course the list came from a story on the WISH-TV website, and certainly not any firsthand information. Anyway, it seemed a little threatening, not sure what the point of it was but there it was. I just thought it was strange. I have never met the guy, and I have never been in his place. He seems to have a lot of friends here that are standing by his side and are willing to vouch for his "OK-ness"...I got a different first impression. I hope this works out where the bad guys are in jail, the guns, ammo, suppressors, and other gear is fully recovered. I hope the BATFE doesn't suspend his FFL or revoke his Class III permission...but I know a couple of gun shops that have lost their FFL for seemingly minor incidents.

That's pretty scary.... Its not like the information wasn't already out there from the media. If you were involved why the hell would you post a detailed list of what you stole on the internet? Just doesn't make much sense to me. I am curios if they will actually contact you, or if it was just mentioned and he was trying to be nice and give you a heads up so you weren't caught completely off guard.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well if that is the case you don't have to talk to them anyways. It's your right to remain silent. Just throwing that out there.
    I have no idea why they'd wanna talk to you??? Sounds like the person who pm'd you was just trying to scare you because you pointed out EXACTLY how Large someone's negligence was by showing everyone here what was in the trailer.
    id let it roll off my back.
    vote with your dollars people if you wanna make a point. That's what I'll do.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Well if that is the case you don't have to talk to them anyways. It's your right to remain silent. Just throwing that out there.
    I have no idea why they'd wanna talk to you??? Sounds like the person who pm'd you was just trying to scare you because you pointed out EXACTLY how Large someone's negligence was by showing everyone here what was in the trailer.
    id let it roll off my back.
    vote with your dollars people if you wanna make a point. That's what I'll do.

Yup.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    That's pretty scary.... Its not like the information wasn't already out there from the media. If you were involved why the hell would you post a detailed list of what you stole on the internet? Just doesn't make much sense to me. I am curios if they will actually contact you, or if it was just mentioned and he was trying to be nice and give you a heads up so you weren't caught completely off guard.

Indy...I posted the list right off the WISH website sometime Monday. I thought it was very odd the crime was discovered early Saturday morning, and we didn't see anything in the local media until Monday morning. I don't know what his point was, I don't even know if it was Andrew that sent it. It was his INGO account but who knows who was driving. It was one sentence. "The BATF will be in contact with you regarding your knowledge of the contents of the trailer." and signed simply "Andrew".

No one has contacted me, I'd be a waste of their time.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Indy...I posted the list right off the WISH website sometime Monday. I thought it was very odd the crime was discovered early Saturday morning, and we didn't see anything in the local media until Monday morning. I don't know what his point was, I don't even know if it was Andrew that sent it. It was his INGO account but who knows who was driving. It was one sentence. "The BATF will be in contact with you regarding your knowledge of the contents of the trailer." and signed simply "Andrew".

Seems sketchy. I don't know what to make of that.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Sounds very straightforward. Make sure they follow the link in your post to see that it came from a web report. You don't have any knowledge of what was stolen or how except for news reports.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    My guess is someone else is driving his account. That doesn't sound like the way Andrew would word a PM. Sounds more like an investigator... possibly fishing? Hoping for a PM response from you to make their job easier? I don't know, I have never had to deal w/ the atf being involved w/ a stolen firearm personally, but have witnessed it at an FFL where I worked many moons ago (pops)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Good thing you have never been a customer. He might have gave them a copy of your drivers license and your telephone number. :): - but not really funny

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Perhaps you should just head it off at the pass, and reply with a link to the article and say that's where you got the information from. Wouldn't be any reason to even contact you then.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    My guess is someone else is driving his account. That doesn't sound like the way Andrew would word a PM. Sounds more like an investigator... possibly fishing? Hoping for a PM response from you to make their job easier? I don't know, I have never had to deal w/ the atf being involved w/ a stolen firearm personally, but have witnessed it at an FFL where I worked many moons ago (pops)

I replied to the message immediately. I said something to the fact that I got the information of the WISH-TV public website, and gave them the link.

I know a FFL in Johnson County...sold a shotgun to a woman around Christmas time...turns out she gave it as a Christmas gift to someone that was a convicted felon. Her husband. He got caught with it, and they told the police where they got the shotgun, the ATF decided he sold a gun to a strawman...and many dollars and court appearances later, they decided to not renew his FFL so he closed his store.

Top Bottom