• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    if we're talking about precision work, absolutely. If we're talking about a drive-by, walking into a mall, a crowded street, very little aiming is required. there's a reason auto weapons are effective for suppression -- it's because when you fire it, the enemy knows that they better stay behind cover or it will chew them up in a very short time. seriously, folks, the notion that a 249 will somehow not chew through a crowd of shoppers faster than a semi is ludicrous.

Oh, what the heck to you know, anyway?

Some day I will share the benefit of my vast military experience with you. All three quarters of my freshman year in ROTC was no piece of cake, sir. And the third quarter wasn't even mandatory . . . I volunteered.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Oh, what the heck to you know, anyway?

I watched a couple of youtube videos and I read a LOT of forums and blogs...

Some day I will share the benefit of my vast military experience with you. All three quarters of my freshman year in ROTC was no piece of cake, sir. And the third quarter wasn't even mandatory . . . I volunteered.

ROTC is brutal. Brutal. If it was Air Force ROTC, you probably have quite a chest full of ribbons for your service. If it was Navy, you probably still prefer liquid soap.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville

ROTC is brutal. Brutal. If it was Air Force ROTC, you probably have quite a chest full of ribbons for your service. If it was Navy, you probably still prefer liquid soap.

i cant stop luaghing at this but i just wanna make sure this is sarcasm right? if not then dear lord....

thanks for the luagh

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Don't lie. Someone else watched/read them and told you about it!

It certainly wasn't for the faint of heart, that's for darn tootin'. It was Army, sir. U. S. Army. I even had to swear the oath and do the PT test. Did I mention that I volunteered for my third tour . . . er . . . quarter? That's when we went orienteering, deep in the Ia Drang Valley (i.e. the woods behind Rose-Hulman, but that's splitting hairs). It got dicey when I got stuck half way to my knees and my squad abandoned me (so much for no pachyderm left behind, those bastiches!). After I got myself stuck, I took a shortcut out of the woods to the parking lot, then drove my Chevy Citation to the destination point. It was a stick shift, man! MANUAL TRANSMISSION. Hell, I was there . . .

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It certainly wasn't for the faint of heart, that's for darn tootin'. It was Army, sir. U. S. Army. I even had to swear the oath and do the PT test. Did I mention that I volunteered for my third tour . . . er . . . quarter? That's when we went orienteering, deep in the Ia Drang Valley (i.e. the woods behind Rose-Hulman, but that's splitting hairs). It got dicey when I got stuck half way to my knees and my squad abandoned me (so much for no pachyderm left behind, those bastiches!). After I got myself stuck, I took a shortcut out of the woods to the parking lot, then drove my Chevy Citation to the destination point. It was a stick shift, man! MANUAL TRANSMISSION. Hell, I was there . . .

Who says there are no more heros? I just wanna thank you for your service. As someone who still drives a stick shift, I know what you went through. I'm here for ya man.:patriot:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Don't lie. Someone else watched/read them and told you about it!

It certainly wasn't for the faint of heart, that's for darn tootin'. It was Army, sir. U. S. Army. I even had to swear the oath and do the PT test. Did I mention that I volunteered for my third tour . . . er . . . quarter? That's when we went orienteering, deep in the Ia Drang Valley (i.e. the woods behind Rose-Hulman, but that's splitting hairs). It got dicey when I got stuck half way to my knees and my squad abandoned me (so much for no pachyderm left behind, those bastiches!). After I got myself stuck, I took a shortcut out of the woods to the parking lot, then drove my Chevy Citation to the levy. It was a stick shift, man! MANUAL TRANSMISSION. Hell, I was there . . .

Those stick shifts can be tricky...

Also, FTFY.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Who says there are no more heros? I just wanna thank you for your service. As someone who still drives a stick shift, I know what you went through. I'm here for ya man.:patriot:

Noted and appreciated. I may print a hard copy of your message and share it with the boys in group.

Those stick shifts can be tricky...

Also, FTFY.

You're old.

Do I seem like the sarcastic type to you?

No, do I?

Ah, so PTSD = Post Traumatic Stickshift Disorder? :):

It happens. You should see a circa 1981 high school girl trying to get a VW bug into reverse. Rhino to the rescue! (yes, I drove a volkswagen in high school)

Well, mine IS NOT a Chevy Citation, so I don't have it that rough.;)

You can't know my pain unless you've lived through it!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I remember something about having to pull up or push down on the stick...or lift a lever with one hand and move the stick with the other or something like that. Those brain cells are bye bye.

Push downward (toward the floor), then forward and left at the same time. Almost the same as first, but pushing down gets you into reverse.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I remember something about having to pull up or push down on the stick...or lift a lever with one hand and move the stick with the other or something like that. Those brain cells are bye bye.

That's pretty much the line rhino used on every girl he ever lured into his beetle. Both of them.

and now I have this mental image of rhino driving an old-school beetle.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Push downward (toward the floor), then forward and left at the same time. Almost the same as first, but pushing down gets you into reverse.

Wow, that's exactly how the 6 speed in my Audi works. And for the record, your Citation was prolly more reliable.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow, that's exactly how the 6 speed in my Audi works. And for the record, your Citation was prolly more reliable.

Audis, VW, and Porsche have some common and mingle ancestry along the way!

We had a VW 411 that had the Porsche 914 engine, for instance.

Top Bottom